Is it true that ...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In our experience, more so the males than the females. However, our unaltered Brit lives inside and his pee doesn't smell bad.

While intact rabbits can be more smelly, if they are litter trained it's not too bad as just the litter box smells. I'd take a slightly smellier intact rabbit that used a litter box over a rabbit who doesn't use the litter box and makes the whole cage smelly. Regular cleaning and cleaning well helps a ton. Good litter also helps.

I can confirm that it's true! I've got a bonded pair that are altered and have hardly any smell at all. They are also perfectly litter box trained. Yesterday I took in an unspayed 1 year old mini-lop and she is stinking up the place, despite being litter box trained. Going to her spayed ASAP because I know how much of a difference it will make.

Yes!!!!

Agnes was spayed a couple weeks ago and I noticed a difference very soon. At first I thought it was my imagination but my hubby has noticed too. There is NO smell now!!

Yes. Oliver just got neutered a couple weeks ago as well and not a strong smell anymore. I have my other bun who's not spayed but I can still tell a difference. My mom agrees too. :)

We have six bunnies in our house, all neutered. When friends come over they don't believe us till we show them. Our dogs smell unless they get bathed once a week and if someone has a single cat I can always smell it. Got to love bunnies!

Makes sense to me. In a month or so I'll have Bugsy neutered.. hope this is true! lol!

I clean the litter boxes 2-3 times a day, so I really dont allow for a smell to build up. I also wipe their cages down daily with a water/vinegar mix.

This is good to know. My rabbits are getting spayed soon. They do not stink currently even though I have 2 right next to my couch. I think that with me it is the litter I use in their litter boxes.

Yes. It is true. :nod Mine are unspayed. Their urine smells like OH-MY-GOSH. But I love them doesn't matter if their pee stinks or not. :) But still, I'm making an appointment for spaying soon. I want them to live longer! :pray:

Latest posts

Back