Is it true a bonded pair is less destructive/troublesome?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pigglebread

Reaction score
I've read in a few places that 2 rabbits bonded seem to be less troublesome and cause less house damage? I wanted to know for how many this seems true? I'm thinking over getting a second rabbit but not anytime soon I think, Claudio is being neutered this Friday so I have to give it a few months the least. I'm also in the middle of re doing my room so that takes time away as well..the earliest I see getting a companion for him is late this year or next.

He's time consuming as it is and I enjoy it yet stressed at the same time, lol. I just am thinking hard also on if I really have the funds for another possible animal that will have medical needs..:sickbunny:

There are definite theories that hold true to that statement. But just like when talking about rabbits and their personalities, no two are alike so it's not something that can be guaranteed.

I do believe that a bonded couple is less bored since they have each other, but sometimes they teach each other things, and that can include bad habits as well.

For my two, my first bun was my female and she is not destructive at all. My second bun my male is a bit more of a chewer. But I've only had him as bonded so i can't say if his destruction would be worse if he were alone or not.

Back