Is It Too Late to Neuter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikuru514

Reaction score
I don't know if this is in the right section or not, if it isn't can someone please move it to the correct section?

My rabbit isn't neutered but I found a place nearby where I can take him to get neutered. I read that if you neuter a male rabbit they will stop marking their territory and also be less agressive. He's about a year and a half to two years old now so after he's neutered will he stop doing those things or have I waited too long?

Thank You :).

I do not believe you have waited too long. I'm a believer that a fixed bun is an overall better companion. Of course there may be a line to draw as to when a bun is "too old" to fix, (as far as health concerns go) but yours is not there or even close. :)

I think you will be pleasantly surprised to the changes if you choose to fix. It takes away that basic urge and allows them to be calmer and more relaxed. I think of it this way: your male will no longer feel the need to search for what he will never get. He will be more at peace, in other words :)

I do not think that he is too old. I got my girls fixed a couple of months ago. Shiny Things is 2-3yrs old (I forget exactly) and Beauty will be 2 in January. Both had notacable changes after their spays.

We just neutered Twigs last month and he is 2 1/2 years old. He was a spray machine. After he was fixed he sprayed once a few days later and that was it. So no it's not too late:biggrin2:

We've had them neutered as old as 6--maybe older as they all are rescues and we don't know their age for sure. Coal was neutered at 5 years old and she did fine--passed at 13 1/2.

Latest posts

Back