is it really BITING?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maomaochiu

Reaction score
Hi, i've been posting here about maomaochiutries to bite tictac for the last two months since she enters into hislife, but now i am not sure if it is really biting or not. itlooks like biting to me, plus maomaochiu grunts, thumps, beating up thefence with his front paws...... BUT, little tictac, for themost times, really does not run away when maomaochiu shows this hostilesigns, rather, she still sticks her little nose/mouth into the grid ofthe fence even AFTER maomaochiu attempts to bite her.

so far, maomaochiu has not hurt her yet, because i am always on thewatch when they get close to the fence, but i could not help butwondering now...... why did not tictac run away? is she alittle stupid girl that falls too much for maomaochiu that she willsacrisfice being bitten? or is maomaochiu not really tryingto bite her, but rather shows his love to her??? i amconfused......

thanks for your help!

Wow, that is confusing. Sorry, I forgot, but is Maomaochiu altered? Is TicTac altered?

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

yes, maomaochiu is altered, been 7 monthsalready since the zip zip. tictac is not, still too yound forthat, i will wait until the end of june of july to do it.

yeah, i was also wondering if maomaochiu was just trying to nip tictac,not actuall biting, so if that is the case, shall ijust lethim do it? untll now, i've been saying loud NOs and puttinghis head down or squirting water on him whenever he shows signs ofbiting her, so shall I BACK OFF??

thanks!

Well, to me if he is still boxing at the fenceand lunging at her... then he's still being agressive and I wouldn'treally trust him not to give her a good bite. He's muchbigger than she is right?

I'm paranoid about that though - it was hard to bond my two because Ididn't trust my girl not to take a good bite out of Charlie given thechance. I only let them figure it out when there was no morelunging or boxing... just when there was a bit of chasing and mounting.

Charlie used to stick his nose out to smell Misty when she used toattack him too - because he liked her. It was only when hegot a few bites on the nose did he figure things out and stay back fromher.

Hi Nadia,

thanks for your reply! so, how long did it take you to bond them??

it has been 2 months and I'm a little concerned that Tictac will loseher 'love' towards Maomaochiu if maomaochiu continues to be a 'littlebutt hole' :?

and yes, maomaochiu is a lot bigger than tictac

Our two lops do this all the time...it isaggressive behavior and I have to watch them when Bummer is at Dandi'sfence! Same thing...Dandi doesn't run away...he just keepssticking his stupid face back through!:?

On the other hand Dandi does the same thing to Leo but it is a slowmotion bite...if he were a dog I would be callingit"mouthing" really. But he doesn't dig and yank onthe bars like Bummy does! I would say Tic Tac is interestedin the other bunny...just maybethe loveisn't beingreciprocated??:?

It took me 5 months to get them to be 100%bonded. Part of that is because Charlie was not neutered andI was waiting for that to bond them totally.

Is your girl spayed yet? I found it was way way easier to bond them after Charlie was neutered.

So I agree with what runestonez wrote - I've seen Misty 'mouth'charlie, where she just puts her teeth on him and gives him a littlenip, but it was VERY different from when she was trying to bitehim... it was just a different body language.

Nadia

Back