Is it ok to get a hamster??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleobunny1307

Reaction score
would my bunny be ok if i got a hamster?!?!? would they get along? i plan to let them run around the living room at the same time (hamster in a ball) I just dont know if they woul get along. would my bunny get agressive or anything?? PLEASE HELP!

I dont really no anything about hamsters, but as long as it was in its ball I think it would be ok. Dont house them together though, as with g pigs, they have different diets and if the bunny kicks it could really hurt the hamster. I hope someone who knows a lot more can answer your question

I have a hamster and its fine. Yesterday Dori was hopping around and Bella was running around the house in her ball. Dori was pretty much ignoring her, Bella was more curious and running around Dori, lol, but she was in the ball, so no big deal. But just DO NOT let them interact together without the security of the ball. I think Bella could actually hurt Dori with her super sharp teeth. I NEVER let any of my animals interact with each other, no hammie, piggie or bunny meetings at all.

Just keep an eye on them when the hamster is in the exercise ball.

Snuggy gets annoyed when my hamster isin her ball and "digs" at the ball if I don't watch her.

Snuggys Mom wrote:
Just keep an eye on them when the hamster is in the exercise ball.

Snuggy gets annoyed when my hamster isin her ball and "digs" at the ball if I don't watch her.

I think Snuggy is sweet. She probably is wondering why the hamster is stuck in that ball and wants to help the hamster get out! :roflmao:

browneyedgal :p

Back