Is it normal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvmyzoocrew

Reaction score
As you might know that I am bonding Sooty and Belle, and it is going GREAT, well I am now at the point that I am going to leave them in the cage together tonight*gulp*. I feel good about it and think that it will go well but I am still scared that something is going to happen and I wont be there to stop it.

Well to my question, Bell turned out to be the more submissive one while Sooty is the one that is being dominate, Sooty is the one that is doing the mounting. Well today Belle has been mounting him, and while he doesnt mind I am afraid that since he was the more dominate one that he won't be ok with her doing this. Since she has been doing this he hasn't acted any different and hasent tried to bite her or anything do you think this is ok? Does this happen after they are bonded that each will now mount? They groom each other and everything seems to be going good but I want to make sure that the behaviour is normal , or ok?

Thanks

It sounds to me like the "bond" is not yet established completely. I don't think I'd put them in a cage together overnight just yet. I'd have a couple more sessions in non-neutral territory and see how they do:).

It sounds like Belle is also trying to establish dominance, so, theyshould be monitered. A terrible fight could still break out at anytime, just a precaution to you;).

I did neutral territory for one week, then I moved the pen closer to the cages but not where they could get to them, then for the last week, week and 3 days I have the pen attatched to there cages with the door open and all is well. I wound up not letting them stay in the cage together for fear of this dominance thing happening when iI wasnt around. She did again this morning and as he doesn't mind I am still wondering why all of a sudden with her being the submissive one the whole time why all of a sudden she is doing the mounting?

Latest posts

Back