Is it a normal nose?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarneyBabe

Reaction score
Hi all.

I just wondered whether rabbits get a runny nose on occasions and it’s NOT snuffles?

Bun had been running around like a mad man, flopped on the floor and I noticed his nose was a tiny bit wet on one side. Completely clear.

He hasn’t had a wet nose for the rest of the day, hasn’t sneezed, no discharge, no messy paws etc.

Do they get runny/wet noses when hot?

Thanks!!! Xxx

He was panting because he’d just run around - (he has always done it, works himself silly he flops and pants) it’s literally only after he’s done a huge run around, 20 minutes of zoomies, jumping on the bed etc!! I assumed that wet nose is because he was hot?

Hoping it’s not snuffles!!

thanks for replying x

Haha - he’s a nutter! Honestly. He runs so fast and for so long he can barely catch his breath - when he first started doing it I had a heart attack as I was worried he’d collapse! He’s a mad man. He’s just learnt to jump on the window ledge... it’s a nightmare!
Oreo looks gorgeous xx

He was panting because he’d just run around - (he has always done it, works himself silly he flops and pants) it’s literally only after he’s done a huge run around, 20 minutes of zoomies, jumping on the bed etc!! I assumed that wet nose is because he was hot?

Hoping it’s not snuffles!!

thanks for replying x
I hope its not snuffles too! My 2 currently have snuffles as well as the two fosters I have. In addition one of mine recently passed which was probably also from snuffles. I really hope yours does not have snuffles and if you think it is please get to the vet quick because it happens so fast! Be careful and aware that the bunny is eating!

Mine wouldnt eat before they went on meds and we were worried about GI Stasis but now they are all eating so its good, still getting treated though :)

I wish you best of luck and fingers crossed it isnt snuffles!!

Back