is he "fixed"...?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brearune

Reaction score
Hey guys!
If you haven't seen my other posts, here's the background:
I took in a last minute foster bunny, so I'm a bit underprepared and undereducated - trying to get a crash course, lol! It's for a friend who is going away to europe, studying abroad. I'll have him for a year.
Anyway.
He isn't comfortable with us yet, but I was wondering, how can I see if he's neutered or not (without scaring him too much) Am I able to see them when he lies down or anything, without having to move him? I did think I saw something the other day, but I'm not sure if there's anything else around there, lol... Are there diagrams or something on what I'd be seeing and where? I dunno why I'm bothering to check ,he's not mine after all, but I feel like I should, and if he's not, maybe offer to my friend to pay for it... you know, for Mr. Bunny's safety and happiness :)
Thanks for the info! :)

Ah.. .and he's now humping stuff, including my hand and elbow... i guess he likes me, now? lol. Does this ever stop? Today he's bent on humping everything, but the past few days we've had him, he hasn't been like this. What can we expect in the future..?

yep.more humping and grunting and circling ur legs...he likes you:)
male bunnies danglers are big enough for u to see quite easily..are you not comfortable with picking him up? .

He struggles badly whenever I try to at all. we only just got him 3 days ago. He only just decided today he's okay enough with me to let me pet him (and to come out of his cage without us chasing him out -_-') so I don't think I'm able to really see that way yet...

ok well maybe do this...if u have a babygate make him stretch up really far on the gate,,entice him with a treat ...u should see some danglers if u look under him while hes stretching up...honestly when i was new to bunnies and i rescued some at a park ,this was how i did it..:).

do u really wanna see a pic of a male with danglers?..i have a bun i caught in a park and he hasnt been neutered yet ..so i do have a model for you:)

Ah, that would be good, thanks... at least so I know what they look like (I keep seeing *something* but if that's them, they're suppperrr tiny o_o maybe I'm just too used to owning rats, with their huge ones.) Anyway, that would be helpful, and i'll definitely give that a shot next time we take him out (too late right now :)) thanks!

edited for my awful punctuation... wow...

tator tots danglers...
balls001.jpg

That's very strange, I don't think my Eckie looks like that.... but I really doubt he's neutered. HEnce why I'm trying to check lol... Will def try for a better look tomorrow... thanks for the feedback!

Yeah... there's *something* there, I couldn't get a clear look, but it doesn't look like that. Although, it could just be that he's got different coloring and fur type. I'll look and if I'm still unsure maybe I'll just take a picture haha...

Edit: Couldn't help myself! Was too curious, so I went in and maneuvered him a bit. he's an un-neutered male, he just has more fur around there, so I was a bit confused ;D But great... now I need to consider getting him neutered, and wondering how to bring that up to his actual owner who's in Europe... Erm.. -_-'

but thanks so much for your help!!! lol

Latest posts

Back