Is having a rubber foor in bunnys NIC cage bad?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntloser

Reaction score
I am starting to re-think the idea of the rubberflooring in the NIC cage. When i got the rubber home, I washed it welland then used clorox sanitizing wipes. I thought this would help ensureno pea leaked through onto the house floor. There is also a black "pan"from the bottom of a dog cage that bunny spends most of his time on. Iam wondering if the rubber is a bad idea. Maybe I should put a blanketover it?

Depends what your bunny likes to chewon. I've got a linoleum addict, a blanket junkiieand a newspaper freak. Oh, and theunder-the-bed-bunny who has chewed a big hole inthemattress. Then there's the drywall enthusiast.

Play it by ear. Or teeth.
biting.gif

sas :biggrin:

I am just wondering if the strange smell fromthe rubber, even though it has been cleaned, may disturb bunny. Also Iam not sure if the rubber is toxic.

You don't want the bunny to eat the rubber -every rabbit I own (3) has a thing for rubber and will eat it everychance they get.

You can put the rubber down and see if they try to eat it - if they do, take it away right away.

I use cardboard (which is safe for them to tear and eat a tiny bit),some other members use Choroplast which is used to make signs, otherstill use wood or pegboard which you can get from home improvementstores pretty cheap.

So far so good. He hasn't chewed on the rubber mat.

Personally, I wouldn't use it.

BunBun, now at the bridge liked to chew buttons off remotecontrols-made of rubber:disgust:. We had to learn to keepthem off the couch and on the table:).

A firnds bunny used to do that. I am going to get a different bottom.

Latest posts

Back