Is Bonding necessary in this Situation?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyatt101

Reaction score
So, I have 2 sister bunnies, Pepper and Taz, who are from my rabbit lily's litter. I am building then an NIC cage and was planning on using a divider, but do I need to bond them since they are siblings? Neither is spayed, and since they will never be around/bred to male rabbits, i'm not sure of spaying is really necessary for me, but should a divider be enough? Do i not need a divider at all? Please help!
Thank you!! ;)

If they have not been apart, then they should be able to keep living together. If they have been separated for some time, then it would be good to re introduce them before they get to live together full time.

Spaying is a good idea. Even if there are no males around, females can still be hormonal and cause problems with each other. There is the higher risk on cancer as well when they are not spayed. If you really want them to live together peacefully, then they should both be spayed.

I agree... Unfortunately is seems to be very expensive to get female rabbits spayed. I was lucky I got honey done for $120, some people quoted me at $360.

I don't find a difference in Honey's personality since getting her spayed because she has always been so loving and has never bitten anyone. But there was a huge difference in her litter training. Since honey has been spayed she has not once used the bathroom outside the litterbox, no pee or poo. Also I read somewhere that female unspayed rabbits have like 80% chance of getting cancer(I can't remember maybe it was uterine cancer?)

What?! 80% chance!! Thats awful!! This is kinda a stupid question, but what are the "symptom" like things for rabbit cancer????

Latest posts

Back