Is a trip to the vets in order?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It didn't appear to be anything Maureen. The spurs came over a year later, and were not majorly bad, no cuts or anything out of line, even. He just gets it whenever he is excited. I think he breathes faster and so it gets damp. It's not snot snot or anything at all other than damp, and he never sneezes. He's (probably until I post this post), a healthy little tike (*Waits for him to get ill now*).

Let us know how you get on with the wild bunny Angel.

Flashy wrote:
It didn't appear to be anything Maureen. The spurs came over a year later, and were not majorly bad, no cuts or anything out of line, even. He just gets it whenever he is excited. I think he breathes faster and so it gets damp. It's not snot snot or anything at all other than damp, and he never sneezes. He's (probably until I post this post), a healthy little tike (*Waits for him to get ill now*).

Let us know how you get on with the wild bunny Angel.

I am always afraid to say someone is doing well because as soon as the sentence leaves my mouth it flips the other way LOL
I'm glad to know the damp nose was not related to an URI

I am always nervous about sneezing because of Bud (TK's bun from my shelter)who sneezed without discharge. We all thought it was not significant but after she had had him awhile it turned into a serious condition that he didn't recover from. :tears2:
With a runny nose I would be concerned if the bun was a bun I had had for awhile and the runny nose just came on and none of the conditions around here had changed at all. A runny nose could be tear duct or dental related (like you said); I have seen a clear discharge runny nose turn into A URI althougt the vets here will not treat clear discharge without other symptoms.
Idid not know that is what happend to Flash :cry1:

Hmm. Are you saying I should be concerned about this? I got lost, sorry, lol. He's seen the vet several times since then and had his lungs listened to, teeth checked, etc, no sneezes, no snot, not discoloured, just damp when excited (which happens to most of mine to be honest). No nasal swab though, no x-rays although I did tell my vet when he had his spurs done that if he thought it was relevant, to do x-rays to be on the safe side, and he decided that he didn't need them.

Flash's situation was different but yeh, he had running clear discharge on his last day, but he also had other things going on. Cat related issue.

Latest posts

Back