Irregular poop shapes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jude

Reaction score
Hello
Guys my rabbit cookie who is 3,5 months old had stasis and almost recovered from it successfully thanks God

But the question here he have been eating and drinking normally and poop good amount but his poops are irregular in shape some are really small some are like an egg some are big some are a group of 4 poops almost melted together.:bunnybutt:
Sorry for this subject but i really need an advice
Any past experiences anyone?

The ones that are small and stuck together like grapes are probably cecotropes the ones they are supposed to eat at night. I wouldn't worry about those too much because I reckon he is pooping extra and couldn't eat them all. I think the small and large egg shaped poos are a sign what ever is going on isn't over yet and maybe a partial blockage is still there so intestines still aren't working to their fullests. I would continue whatever special treatment he has been getting.
Also, when mine had this I feed green leafy lettuce (not iceberg) twice a day instead of just once a day- plus hay and pellets.

What treatments are you giving him and what do you feed?

Been feeding her alfalfa hay recently becuz she never liked mixed hay and 3 times green leaves like basil, parsley..... and a small potion of oats and seeds. the vet gave him three shots of antibiotic and two shots of smthing to make the intestines move faster dunno its name tbh
And we arent taking her to the vet anymore he told us as long as she is eating well and pooping no matter how much she is doing fine then

And the grouped poops are not like cecotropes at all actualy they are 4 obvious circles but stuck together from the sides

Multiple poops that are stuck together side by side can be an indication that the gut has slowed down. For now, I would continue feeding the hay, but stop feeding the herbs, oats and seeds. If the pooping improves, then I would slowly re-introduce the herbs. I personally wouldn't feed oats or seeds, but I do know people that feed a tiny amount of oats as a treat and have no troubles. Best to remove it at the moment in case it's causing problems though.

Do you think the poos are stuck together by fur? I would also suggest brushing your rabbit a lot to keep him from ingesting loose fur. I would also feed some leafy green lettuce (but not ice burg). A vet I know who also breeds angoras told me to feed bunches of leafy green lettuce when rabbits have gut slowdowns. I think there is something about leafy green lettuce that loosens things up.

Thank you all alot shes doing fine now it only took here kind of a week and we were patient and shes back to normal now

Latest posts

Back