Ipswich/Jack the Ripper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksalamander

Reaction score
I dunno if anyone outside of the UK will haveheard of the big "thing" going on at the moment. Basically 5 women havebeen murdered since the beginning of the month in Ipswich. Its reallyscary, i was wondering if anyone has thought about how it resembles theJack the Ripper murders? Its really scary! Even though i live 80 milesaway! It seems like lots of thing are happening like this recently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Ipswich_murder_investigation

:shock: Wow...that's so scary...I'm glad you live so far from there...I hope they catch this person soon...

It is scary! It's been on the news here in NZ alot; aren't they all prostitutes being killed? Really scary time to bea lady of that nature of there at the moment I bet. How horrible :?.

Yeah,it's been on the news here and it's just totally shocking

You know..i wonder just what goes through these sicko's minds

cheryl

Oh wow. That is very disturbing. I'm just reading about them. It does resemble the Jack the Ripper case... wow.

Scary. :shock:

This just hit the news here yesterday. I do praythat they do manage to catch this person soon and prevent any moredeaths...how scary it must be for people living in the area....

They just picked the jury for a pig farmer whoprobably killedover50sex-trade workershere. They kept disappearing over years, I thinkover30 in the late nineties alone, the police kept sayingthey weren't related, sheesh. Never looked for a serialkiller for the longest time. They arrested him in 2001 or2002. Pretty gruesome deaths, too. Withall the press coverage the current five are getting in Ipswich,amazinglylittle coverage of the pig farm caseanywhere. Hope they catch the UK guy sooner than they caughtthis guy. :(

sas

There is now a new thign that they think one ofthe was pregnant. They say its very odd because they are all foundnaked yet none of them are sexual abused or seem to show any signs of astruggle. Strange strange strange.

Maybe they were drugged?? That's so odd to not have any signs of a struggle...:?

Ugh...I just read a small article on that pigfarmer...wow...I think that's all I can read about it,too. :pssd:

Yeah they believe they were drugged. But theycan't find out because 2 of them were in lakes and so the water hasgone through their system, and the others bodies for some reason can'tbe looked into (or maybe they're still trying).

This is so odd. At least this time its a little further away from me!Earlier this year a girl went missing and was found hacked up inasuitcase in a supermarket carpark in my town. It was reallyweird thinking how you could've seen her walking down the street andnot know who she was. Then in the summer (i think?) there was that 53million pound robbery down the street from where i live! Although thatwas kinda cool, as no one was hurt and there were helibopters flyingall over the town all day!

I think I've watched too much CSI, for that to have been my automatic thought, hehe!

Although, maybe it was good to have thought it, I dunno...lol!

Anyway, so much crime...I'm glad I don't watch the news...

i have been sic all week and i watched the newsevery day this week and watched everyone talking about the ipswichmurders, :(:(

They do think it is very similar to wat jack the ripper did but they are still looking into it.

Ithink its really upsetting for the parents because most ofthe parents didnt know that their daughters were prostitutes!

i was also wondering how many people jack the ripper killed?

I *believe* (although don't count on this) thatit was 5. It may have been 6. i only think it was 5 because one of theconspiracys about Jack the Ripper was that it was some kind of satanicthing, and the way the womens bodies locations were across the area andthe order they were murdered in formed a pentagon, so of course thereneeded to be at least 5 for it to form a 5-pointed star. Not surethough.

That's weird. I hope they catch the killer soon.

I know, the pig farmer caseis very frightening. Too bad thelaws here weren't like the states. That sick freakshould belocked up and never let out. Knowing Canada'sweak justicesystem, you can kill someone andbe out of jailin 15years! What happened to a life sentence? They need tougher sentences.

I'm not really familiar with the Jack the Ripper murders, but afterreading on Wikipedia, I think there was 5 killings associated with him,but numerous others that are other possible victims.

pinksalamander wrote:
I *believe* (although don't count on this) that it was 5. Itmay have been 6. i only think it was 5 because one of the conspiracysabout Jack the Ripper was that it was some kind of satanic thing, andthe way the womens bodies locations were across the area and the orderthey were murdered in formed a pentagon, so of course there needed tobe at least 5 for it to form a 5-pointed star. Not sure though.
Yes,there were 5 women murdered as far as i have heard on the news

cheryl

I didn't actually realise this when i createdthis thread, but i was just reading through some stuff about Jack theRipper on Wiki when i found this:

In December 2006, a serial killer inIpswich,Englandhas been called the "new" Jack theRipper.[8][9][10]The British media are also referring to him as the IpswichRipper or the Suffolk Ripper in an obvious pun of Jack'slegacy that has not been seen since the days of theYorkshireRipper. He is reportedly a copycat killer, as heis has so far targeted only female prostitutes as his victims. However,this is disputed as he does not mutilate his victims in the mannerwhich Jack was infamous for.

Thought that was quite interesting!

pinksalamanderwrote: He is reportedly a copycat killer, as he is has sofar targeted only female prostitutes as his victims. However, this isdisputed as he does not mutilate his victims in the manner which Jackwas infamous for.

Thought that was quite interesting!

Hard to do it the way Jack did. They believe he had medical knowledge.They believe he was a man with money. More than likely a noble man.There is also the theory that he was the royal doctor.

Sorry I am weird and like reading about stuff like that.

Not everything but to give you an idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_the_Ripper

Not weird at all! I love looking into things like this.

I know its not exactly the same but it is definatley similar. Didn'tthey say that they believed he was a rich man because he gave the girls(or one girl) grapes. Grapes were very expensive in those days and theyfound the little grapying stick thingies (i'm sorry for that awfuldescription, but what ar they called?) near one of the bodies?

They also believe it was some kind of medical cult sacrifice killingbecause of the graffitti on the wall contain the word "Juwes". Somepeople asumed this was a mispelling of "Jewes" but some believe itrefers to the 3 murderers, Jubela, Jubelo and Jubelum, who murderedHiram Abiff who was a famous character associated in the fraternalorganisation of Freemasonary.

The point made about him being a medical man is also disputed becauseapparently one of the bodies showed crude quickly executed incisionswith only a vague medica understanding. The investigation contradictsitself.

I'm weird :)

Back