Ipod armbands

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

degrassi

Valerie - Member
Reaction score
I"m looking to buy a armband to hold my Ipod touch as I need something for when I'm working out. Does anyone use one? Which brand? Do you like it?

I was looking through some online reviews but they were all mixed. I couldn't find one that was a clearly better then all the rest.

Help

I once read reviews for these a couple of years back and the general consensus seemed to be "the ipod falls out and can break" and "the sweat makes the band slip around".

I would be so afraid of my ipod falling and breaking!! When I run (hah...) I stick my ipod in my wasteband against my body and since it is in a rubber case it just stays there and I can feel it if it slips at all.

Heidi is right, your ipod can fall out or slip around when you get sweaty. If you get one where you can enclose your ipod into the armband then that would be better, but with my experience they can get itchy when they get wet.

Now, when I'm running or walking, I just make sure to wear a shirt that has a pocket on the front that's deep enough to hold my ipod. I bought some velcro tape and put that at the top of the pocket for extra security. Or you could always put a button at the top as well if you're crafty.
For me, this works way better than an armband and it's much easier to access the ipod if needed:)

I was looking into the ones that enclose your ipod. I haven't read reviews that mention anyone having issues with them falling out.

I"ve tried the pocket thing but so far it hasn't been working out. It either falls out of my pocket(had a lovely crash to the ground the other day thats why I am looking into armbands), or my headphones get pulled out since my pants pocket is too far for the cord to reach.

I had one for my ipod nano that I loved for gardening.
When I got a bigger ipod as a gift, I bought an armband for that too (both are the kind that enclose the ipod, so it can't fall out). I have used it twice, and hate how bulky it is. It worked for the smaller nano, but not for the bigger ipod, atleast, not for me.
Now I too wear a shirt with a pocket (I found one that zips closed) and put the ipod in that. I leave just enough headphone cord out so I can move easily, but don't get the cord tangled on plants etc.

Back