Introductions and Hellos

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiaP

Reaction score
I'm Mia, and I am relatively new to rabbits. I have been a kitten, cat and dog foster home for our local city animal shelter for over a year, and recently decided to become involved in the small animal room there. I was at the shelter for a meeting one night, and I saw that there were 21 rabbits and about 15 hamsters in the small animal room.

A shelter employee told me that some of the rabbits had been there for ten months and hadn't been touched in all that time. So I got to work.

Another volunteer and I have really been trying, and we have gotten many rabbits adopted. The population in the room is now just nine rabbits, even though we got 7 new rabbits in in one day a couple of weeks ago. So now we are focusing efforts on improving quality of life for the bunnies, in addition to adoption and foster care.

Of course, I had to adopt one bunny myself, mostly because my friend called him ugly. I think he is beautiful, of course! And now I have a foster rabbit, too. So, I have a lot to learn and I'm happy Paula from For Bunny Sake Rabbit Rescue in NJ told me about Rabbits Online.

My rabbit is named Winter, and my foster is Silver. They are the same kind of rabbit, but I have to admit I don't even know what that kind is called:?

So, hello from a newbie in Philadelphia, everyone!

--Mia

Hi Mia!

Welcome to RO!

Sounds like you all have a nice handle on the situation there. That's great! You don't see that alot:(. Good for you all!;)

How wonderful you got a bunny!:) Can't wait to see pics of Winter and Silver.;)

Then, you can post a pic of them in the Rabbitry/ShowRoom section, someone from there should be able to tell what breed the buns are:D.

If it hadn't been for a couple of rabbit sites when I got my Bo, I don't know that he would have survived me. Now, I'm wondering if I'll survive him! ;)Spoiled rotten!

You can definitely learn SO much here. We have some of the best people helping with all areas of the forum.

Post a pic of the bunnies.... I guarantee you'll have an idea of the breed or possible cross breeds by the end of the day (most likely within minutes!)

WELCOME and I can't wait to get to know you and your bunners!

Hi Mia, welcome to RO and to bunny world! This is definitely the place to be. There are a lot of great experienced people.

I am sooo happy to hear about your efforts with the animals. That is very cool. Do you have any pics of the little ones?

Thanks, everyone. I do have pictures, but I am not sure how to post them. I will try to put one here. This is Silver, my foster bunny, at the shelter before I brought her home. Winter is the same pattern, but his eyerings and ear spots are brownish gray, and his eyes are dark rather than blue. Winter weighs about 3 lbs, Silver was down to 1.5 lbs at the shelter but has been improving steadily.

Domino.jpg

Hi Mia, This is a great website. I just joined a few days ago and have gotten a lot of information..+..everybody is so friendly here.

You are doing a wonderful thing for those shelter rabbits. Maybe you can give some information about what steps you took to adopt those rabbits. Any pointers would be great. The humane Society and anmal services here in Naples FL have a lot of rabbits. I have managed to find homes for5 rabbits (3 I adopted). It is hard to do alone.

Michelle

Does he have any spots on his back?

He's really cute. I know he's a cross, but I am trying to figure it out in my head. I'm not too good with this part but it's good practice LOL!

I love his ears!

Michelle, I'll be happy to share what we've been doing. I used to live in Naples, Florida when I was a child--small world. I went to Naples Park Elementary when it was a brand new building, so that may tell you how old I am!

Should I use this thread or put it in another section or a pm?

Bo B, both Silver and Winter have a narrow strip of small black spots on the spine. I will try to get better full body shots soon, but right now my camera is totally loaded with pictures I haven't downloaded yet.

Cheers, Mia

Mia,

I guess start a new topic inRabbits online forum, General Rabbit Chat? or a pm?

Naples is not the same. I've lived here since 1987.

I bet he's an english spot cross. We might need to post the pics in the breed section to get some responses.

welcome Mia, i am originally from Philly but now living in bucks county. This is a great site with wonerful members, and alot of information. WTG with fostering and helping out at the shelter.

Here are some photos I took yesterday of my Winter. He is an extremely friendly and fearless bunny, especially for a little guy who was sick and stuck at the shelter until a month ago. He went from scared-robot-rabbit to pesky beggar (for food and head rubs) in about two weeks.
Winter.jpg
WinterTop.jpg

Latest posts

Back