Introduction

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannah_biota

Reaction score
Hi, my 7 year old daughter and I are excited to begin our adventure with rabbits! We are still very much in the research and planning stage at this point. She is planning on joining 4-H (information packet is in the mail) and we would like to get a show quality Holland Lop (maybe two?) for her to work with. This is the first time we have ever bought a pet and I want to make sure we do it right. This will also be our first rabbit, so I am sure we will have a lot of questions along the way! I think we have the rabbit housing figured out (xpen with a wire top inside and a large fully enclosed daytime run for outside, which has not been constructed yet.) I am now searching for a breeder in the NW whose stock I really love, so we can hopefully get on a wait list in the near future. Thanks for reading & I look forward to enjoying and learning from this community!

Welcome :) I love 4h and FFA! A good way to raise a college fund is by raising meat pens. I earned 5,500 from our schools ISD show. It paid for my first semester in college. Are you looking to just dabble or eventually start breeding, etc?

Thanks!

I had never heard of a meat pen before and had to google it.. did I mention that I am new at this rabbit thing? lol
For now, I'm interested in showing as a project for my daughter & hobby for myself.. I wanted to show dogs when I was growing up and I kind of see this as an opportunity to see how much we enjoy the sport. But mostly we are just eager enjoy him/her as a family pet. :)

Latest posts

Back