Introduction

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuey03

Reaction score
Hi my name is Lindsay and I am from IL. I usedto have a rabbit (mini-lop) named Buddy a few years back and he diedafter only 2 yrs. Since then I have been wishing to get a newbunny. My sister who works at a shelter got some bunnies in awhile agoand she introduced me to Stuey- a 10.5lb Harlequin (sp). He has had avery sad story as since he was 2 months old he was living in oneshelter after another for nearly his whole life (now he's10months). Nothing was wrong with him; nobody wanted himbecause of his size. I thought he was the most adorable thing in theworld and decided to give him a forever home. In the first three days Ihad him he became very accustomed to using his litter box and likinghis food. I have alsoblocked off all cords so hecan't chew threw them. I have only two problems and waswondering if any one can give me some advice...

1) All the toys I have bought for him; he has no interest in them whatso ever. I bought wood toys for chewing, salt wheels,etc. I also purchased a twine ball with a bell in it that mysister swears by that he loved to play with while at the shelter. Allto no avail, he doesn't seem to like anything I get for him.I have been reading up on rabbits and it says you need to get toys thatinterest them, not bore them... can anyone provide suggestions on whattoys might work?

2) I am sure most of you have this problem as well, Stuey is a chewer!He has chewed threw a couple of things (prior to me blocking them off)but his FAVORITE thing to chew on his carpeting; especially theedges. Iwould not mind so much if it were my housebut I am renting an apartment right now and i am pretty sure theywouldn't be too happy with me if they found out what the rabbit wasdoing to the carpeting. Every time i catch Stuey in the act, I placehim back in his cage for 'timeout.' As I hate doing this tohim because he has spent so much of his life in a cage, can anyone makesuggestions about how to help him/me on this matter. I feellike i am punishing him for testing out something new; something he hasnever seen and it makes me hurt inside. I want to take the best care ofStuey and make him as happy as possible, not endanger him nor make himfeel like a prisoner in his forever home.

Please Help!

Thank you,

Lindsay

Hey there and welcome to the forum!!!:wave:

Have you pictures of Stuey? I'd love to see!!!

There are loads of toys threads here, this is the one from theReference section of the forumToys!

About the carpet, chewing carpet isn't good for bunnies, it can causeblockages, if you make a post in the main section of the forum aboutthis, more people will see it and give you advice on how to prevent it(my girls aren't big chewers) :)

Enjoy the forum!!:bunnydance:

Michaela:), Ebony:bunny5 and Pebble:anotherbun

Thanks for the help, i appreciate it much!!! :) I don't have any picutres of Stuey yet because my sisterborrowed my only camera. Will post some asap.

What kind of rabbits do you have?

You're welcome! I look forward to pictures,I love harlequins:inlove:

I have 2 bunnies - Pebble (REW) and Ebony (Black).:) They are sisters,both are a mix between a lop and a rex, though they didn't get lop earsor rex fur!!:shock: lol The other Bunny in my avatar is Berri, sadlyshe recently passed on:cry1:, she was their mum, a black rex.:)

[suP]I am sorry to hear about her passing.:( When my first bunny Buddy died I felt horrible because hewas very sick and had a kidney disease and he died in my arms. It wasso traumatic to see him taking his last breaths, I just hated the factthat i could do absolutely nothing to help him.

You're girls sound and look adorable! Are they outside, inside rabbits or both?[/suP]

Thanks, Berri was in a lot of pain too, she had abscesses:(I'm sorry about Buddy:rainbow:poor guy...

My girls are outdoors, but they spend a lot of time indoors! Here's alink to my blog if you'reinterested.:)Michaela's Blog

Michaela-

Thank you for letting me view your blog. I see that you are akitty tat person as well! So am I. I have two of my own whojust turned 1 this past January. Moppet and Mitten are very gorgeous...and it looks like Ebony, Moppet, Pebble, and Mitten are one happyfamily! Or am i wrong? How large are Ebony and Pebble??

My cats Montie and Pepper, get along with Stuey for the most part;except when he chases them around the apartment! Silly wabbit! Theynever fight though and the cats never try to harm him. Blessthe lord that they all get along. Whew!

I love animals... they are so dang cute with all thier differentpersonalities, (most of which are better than most humans i know...tehehe). What a sadness not to know the joy of having acuddly ball of fur to love and play with!

Thank you again for letting me see the blog. I will have toget some pictures for you to see of the nanimals (that's whatilike to call them).

So you are from Ireland, or did i read that wrong? i hear it is just beautiful there.

No problem:)Yes you will definitely have to get pictures and start yourself a blog!!

Thanks, I love all my animals too (Although, I guess I never actuallymentioned it in my blog, Mitten is gone, we don't know what happened toher, she just wasn't there one day:(, I like to think a nice familytook her in:) - but don't worry about it, you weren't to know) We havea lot of cat lovers here on the forum!

The bunnies do not like Moppet!!!:shock: Pebble chases him, he's a bigscaredy cat!! hehe Lucky you that you don't have a problem!

Hmm, Pebble and Ebony are medium sized bunnies? Lol I have nothing suitable to weigh them with!!

Yep, I'm from Ireland, you could say it's beautiful I guess :p It's too rainy for me:rollseyes

Latest posts

Back