Introduction- Hi Everyone!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLuv123

Reaction score
Hello,

I have one rabbit named Rosie Su. Her birthday is Februrary 14th, so she is only a couple months old. Here are few of my thousand questions...

- How do you get that picture up under your screen name?

- What are the best things for my baby ( Rosie ) to chew on?

- Should I talk to my vet to get her nails trimed?

Thank you everyone who has responded. :bunny18

From a REAL bunny-lover,

Sam

For chew toys, all over the forum there are lots of links to sites that sell chew toys. We have a member here who runs a rescue and makes toys and sells them for REALLY good prices... I'll find the link for you! http://www.freewebs.com/hopeforhares/rabbittoysforsale.htm

It looks like you've already figured the avatar out! :)

As for nails, you can get your vet to do it, or you could do it at home. We do my Ash's nails at home, no problem. if you'd like to try that, I'm sure there's all sorts of info on it around the forum.

Welcome!

Welcome to the group!!!! For toys I go cheap.lol Phone books, a small storage tote with some pea gravel and washed sand for a dig box, a natural luffa cut into disks, and laundry det. caps.

Hey Welcome to our group!!!!!!!!

I am fairly new to this site and you will love it everyone is so helpful and the site if FULL of information. Bunny 101 is great.

But in the way of the best chew toys I have to agree I go cheap.

1) T-REX Tube you can get at the pet store

2) Toilet Paper roll and stuff with hay

3) Old phone book, they love to chew and throw it around

4) cardboard boxes,make sure not tape is on it.

5) Laundry Detergent lid

5) seagrass mats and balls

There is just a few. As for nail clipping you can have your vet do it, but I do mine because he has white nails and I can see how far down to clip. I hope that helped some!

Welcome and post pictures soon of your bun.

Welcome, I am from Quakertown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are neighbors.

as far as trimming her nails that is somet hing you could do yourself, if you can cut dog or cat nails you can trim rabbit nails. Sometime it might take someone else holding her and you clipping. As far as toys you have to think outside the box with rabbits otherwise you will spend an arm and a leg on toys,lol. Toilet paper and paper towel rolls, phone books, childrens stacking cups ( to play with), kids keys, boxes, tissue boxes stuffed with hay (i put there toys in it, then they dig in it to get them out lol)

There are baby toys that are safe for rabbits, they are safe for children to chew on they s hould be ok for rabbits just make sure there are no small parts that could come off, also the paint on babies toys are non toxic because htey are safe for babies to chew and slobber on.

Welcome to RO! You'll find all sorts of helpful people and links here.. My bun's favorite toys are old toilet paper tubes stuffed with hay (makes a tad mess - but it has been his favorite toy I've found).

I take him to the vet to get his nails trimmed as he wiggles too much for just one person to handle and they charge me $12 (at the same time the vet techs will look at his teeth and give him a short going over - so I think its worth it).

Can't wait to hear more about you both!

Welcome! I also am fairly new to this site, and I have found some great information here...

Bailey loves to chew on toilet paper/paper towel tubes and also wooden clothespins. You can go to the dollar store and get a pack of 50 for $1! (I take off the metal part...) Those are his personal favorites.... and of course cardboard boxes. :)

Back