Introducing....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

werecatrising

Reaction score
Some of you may have read my post inquiring about English Lops. A big breeder in my area had contacted me about a doe she had. She said she had a spinal deformity, mild scoliosis, and she was looking to place her in a pet only home. I told her I was definately interested, but needed some time to think about it. Well, tuesday evening I got a call from work telling me to call a client and friend of said breeder. When I called she said "I have your bun! ____ sent her down with me." I was a bit upset. Seems this person just was in a hurry to get rid of her.

I picked her up the next day. Her scoliosis is in no way "mild". She has quite a severe curve and some abnormalities in the ribcage as well. She has several patches of hairloss. She was also producing very small, dry, irregularly shaped stools. I brought her home and set her up in the bathroom. She seemed depressed for a few days, but now that she is settling in and her tummy issues are resolving her personality is starting to show through!

She is kind of a monster. I am wondering if Luna had some part in all of this, knowing someone would have to take over her antics. Once she is out running around she DOES NOT want to be put away. She makes me chase her everywhere. She also enjoys Luna's favorite hobby of grabbing things out of my hand and running off with them.

I named her Eloise. When I was fisrt reading about her the name popped into my head. She is hard to get pictures of, since she is so active. Her are a few for now.
eloise7.jpg

Eloise6.jpg

Eloise5.jpg

eloise4.jpg

She's gorgeous! Broken black is my favorite color, so of course I'm jealous haha.

Is there any specific reason why she has the scoliosis? I know the ELops are prone to pigeon breast, and since I've never dealt that before, I've been trying to find out what problems can result from pigeon breast. So, I guess I'm just curious if she has PB as well.

Congrats on the bun. And I love the name. So pretty. :)

Holly

From what I've been told and shown, pigeon breast is basically the same thing as deviated sternum:

Deviated Sternum A condition in which the connecting tissue of the ribs and/or breast - bone fuse together forming an irregular sternum. Typically found at the lower end of the rib cage and is characterized as a lump or cone shaped bony protrusion, which may also extend up into the internal cavity of the animal. A Disqualification from Competition.
from http://www.angelrabbitry.net/rabbit/rabbit-terms.php

I've felt one ELop with it, and I'm just curious whether it causes any long term effects.

Revverress wrote:
From what I've been told and shown, pigeon breast is basically the same thing as deviated sternum:

Deviated Sternum A condition in which the connecting tissue of the ribs and/or breast - bone fuse together forming an irregular sternum. Typically found at the lower end of the rib cage and is characterized as a lump or cone shaped bony protrusion, which may also extend up into the internal cavity of the animal. A Disqualification from Competition.
from http://www.angelrabbitry.net/rabbit/rabbit-terms.php

I've felt one ELop with it, and I'm just curious whether it causes any long term effects.
I think her sternum is normal. She is so oddly shaped it is hard to tell. Her ribcage is really prominent on one side. I would be curious as to what she looks like radio graphically, but I don't want to stress her out.

She's so cute. Sorry she has some health problems, but I'm sure you'll get them straightened out right away. I love broken black bunnies, and e-lops, so she's perfect! A moo-cow e-lop!

Well, Eloise is doing great! She is finally passing lots of big bunny poops. I think I'm going to start slowly adding pellets to her diet. I also found out her birthday- July 15th.

I love broken blacks and those wonderful ears!

Congratulations on your new addition!

Denise

Latest posts

Back