Introducing, Zuri.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess_sully

Reaction score
Zuri, my newest addition, is finally home safe and sound :)
She is a broken blue velveteen lop, and will be 8 weeks old tomorrow.
Already, I can tell that she is much more laid back than Flynn was when he was a baby. She isn't easily startled and is very friendly. She also smooshes for pets, which Flynn just started doing (after I'd had him for 4 months!)
What a little doll :)

DSC01177.jpg

Jeepers, Creepers, where'd you get those peepers? (such a lovely color!)

DSC01184.jpg

Relaxed little lady. (Can't really tell in the picture, but she FLOPPED in her carrier on my lap)

DSC01175.jpg

DSC01168.jpg

Sleepy bun... she fell asleep while I was massaging her cheeks.

100_3257.jpg

Just chewing away.

100_3256.jpg

Nomnomnom. She seems thin. Her stomach is bloated, but I can feel her vertebrate and ribones beneath her skin. Hopefully all the hay and pellets she'll have access to will help fill her out!

100_3263.jpg

Such an explorer.

100_3262.jpg

Streeettttcccchhh.

100_3261.jpg

I see you!

100_3250.jpg

Thirsty girl.

100_3247.jpg

Hay, yum.

100_3245.jpg

100_3234.jpg

Already destroying the place.

100_3232.jpg

The breeder was very nice. She gave me her pedigree, a care sheet (which, to my delight, even advocated housing rabbits indoors as part of the family), a large jar of her food so I can switch it gradually, and a receipt. She seemed very concerned about whether or not she would receive hay daily (but I assured her that she would) and said she hoped she would be spoiled.
The tummy bloating has me a little concerned. When I first brought her home, she had mushy, runny poops that smeared all over the cage bottom. Luckily, after eating more she now has normal poops. I will check her tummy again tomorrow to see if it still feels bloated. I also need to do something about her VERY DIRTY feet tomorrow, as well!

Velveteens were created by crossing mini rexes with english lops.
So, yes, you're correct!
The breeder said she'll end up being anywhere from 6-7 pounds as an adult.
Her baby fur is very fuzzy, but dense and short like rex fur. When she molts it will probably be a lot thicker, at least that's what happened to Flynn.
:)

Flynn and Zuri
Sitting on the lawn
NOm, NOm, NOm,
those Craisins are gone!

First comes love,
Then comes marriage
Neutered bunnies ain't
Pushing no baby carriage!

(Haha... you just got the last bit of today's creativity :biggrin2:)

What a CUTIE!!! I love the pic of her flopped in the carrier. It must be exciting to have a new bunny, especially a cool new breed like her! I got to visit with a velveteen lop at our shelter and he was a DOLL! Congrats!

My oh my that is one gorgeous girl! her fur looks lovely and soft but sort of minkyish. I wish we had beautiful bunny creations/breeds here.....Or maybe I should just bunnynap her :ph34r2

She's a beauty! You can definitely see the e-lop in her, not just in her ears, but her body shape looks so much more 'e-loppy' than 'rexy'. In fact, I wouldn't have guessed Rex at all, as the fur is so long. I'll bet it's luxurious to pet!

The difference in her personality from Flynn's is SO apparent. I know it's only her first day here, but even just comparing Flynn's first day to hers, she's so much more confident and trusting.
Velveteens are basically supposed to be miniature (6 lb) english lops (with their ears, mandolin body type, etc.) and rex fur. Her fur is not as dense as regular rex fur, but it's not the same as regular rabbit fur, either. It has the nice velvety feel of a rex, which is good, because for some reason I'm not allergic to rex fur but AM allergic to any other kind.
Zuri's ears are actually considered too short, probably why the breeder let her go as a pet. Oh well. She's gorgeous :)

She's a total knockout! I don't normally take to e-lops/velveteen lops, but she's so pretty I can't help but like her.

I love her name too, how did you come up with that?

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Flynn and Zuri
Sitting on the lawn
NOm, NOm, NOm,
those Craisins are gone!

First comes love,
Then comes marriage
Neutered bunnies ain't
Pushing no baby carriage!

(Haha... you just got the last bit of today's creativity :biggrin2:)
Haha! That is too cute! :hearts:

Latest posts

Back