Introducing Stanley Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope Stanley will be okay! Will be praying for Stanley. Please do update us as you can. I will try to check in as I can.

Thank you so much, Tauntz. I think we will be taking him into the vet this afternoon and will let you know if we find out any more information on his condition. Poor little one.

Our vet just came over to see Stanley and run a few more checks - she has confirmed that he has heart disease, which is terminal. He may not see out the next few days. It's heartbreaking. We made the decision not to return him to the rescue centre (technically we are his foster parents, so when he gets sick he falls under their care) because both my partner & I and the centre agreed that he may not see the trip out. He is staying at home with us, on medication, until the inevitable.

I am so very sorry to hear this. Big hugs to you all. At least Stanley is in a place where he is loved and spoiled. While it is seriously unfair that you will have such a short time together, that time made such a difference in his life.

Thank you for the update. I'm sorry the vet news was't good but I will continue to pray for Stanley & you as you continue to love & care for him. I'm glad that Stanley has a place to stay the rest of his life where he will be well loved & cared for. Thank you for being that loving person for Stanley, I know how painful this must be for you. Keeping you both in prayer. Big bunny hugs to you & Stanley.

Hi skiptracer, I'm sorry my late welcome is at a sad time for you but I just wanted say 'Well done' for fostering an 'elderly gentleman bun'. I'm sure the bunny binkies he did before he became ill was his way of showing you how happy he was to be in a caring safe home :hugsquish:
Well done and Doc Wilbur and I are thinking of you and Stanley.

shooni

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that about Stanley. I'm so glad that he's getting to spend the last of his life in a safe and loving environment though.

forgive me for the duplicate post (I have another thread where I posted this same information) but thought I should share some updates with you:

Defying the vets suspicions, our little man is still with us! His behaviours and his appetite wax and wane - he has days were he is very confused and avoids us, hardly eats, and days (like today) were we get up in the morning and he greets us for pats and eats ALL of his greens (which is rare lately).
The vet came to visit us last week and gave us another dose of his medications (he's on a diuretic and also some medication for enlarged hearts). We had connected some behavioural problems with the administration of his medication, so the vet told us to hold off for a few days. Surprisingly, he came along in leaps and bounds. We even got a binkie out of him when we took him outside for some excercise! We've started him on the meds again now, and are thinking up more inventive ways of giving them to him. Syringe dosing was causing him far too much stress and we have found that soaking his liquid meds in sultanas works a treat. As we do not want to go back to syringe dosing due to his moods being much better when he does not have to endure the stress of it, does anyone have any other creative ways of dosing? I have heard of babyfood, however not so sure if that is okay (obviously we would need to find a kind that is literally 100% vegetables/fruit with no additives). He doesn't like juice, either.

Latest posts

Back