Introducing Rosie + Looking for a good vet to do spay in Ottawa

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mootpoint

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to the forum (about 5 minutes ago!). I'm excited to have a place to try to learn more about rabbits and improve the care that I can give to mine.

Rosie is a rabbit of unknown age/type that I found dumped in the parking lot of my school two years ago. I didn't trust the humane society to not euth. her so I brought her home. She is not overly friendly, but she does love at least being around people and loves other animals (especially cats).

Currently, I am living in Guelph for school and my landlord has said no rabbits, so she is at home with my mom in Ottawa. She is living in my bedroom (completely free range -- but I'm probably going to build her a pen because she's eating the walls). She doesn't have much by means of companionship. Our got a new dog so she can't be free ranging the house/interacting anymore so she's basically just in my room all the time. I worry that she's bored and lonely but I'm not really sure what to do about it. I am just trying to make sure she is comfortable and well fed.

She still hasn't been spayed, but we will probably be doing that this summer. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good vet in the Ottawa area.

This is kind of a crappy situation for Rosie -- when I first rescued her I had tried to re-home but since she's not super friendly, I didn't have much luck. I never really planned for a rabbit but she's mine now and I want to do my best.

Mark Rowett at Greenbank Animal Hospital in Barhaven was recommended to me by a friend who previously worked with him. He specializes in small critters and I've heard nothing but wonderful things about him and his work! I will be taking my bunny there when it is time!

Just an Update:

Rosie has been spayed and everything went well :)
And she let me pet her today which she usually doesn't so maybe this is a sign that the spay is finally calming her hormones!

I am now actively looking for a neutered man-friend for her, which is actually harder than I thought it would be.

mootpoint wrote:
Just an Update:

Rosie has been spayed and everything went well :)
And she let me pet her today which she usually doesn't so maybe this is a sign that the spay is finally calming her hormones!

I am now actively looking for a neutered man-friend for her, which is actually harder than I thought it would be.
Thanks for the update.

So glad to hear Rosie did so well with her spaying. You will definitely notice little signs that she's finally calming down. And I think that pet today could be one.

Take your time with picking another bunny. Let Rosie get rid of all the hormones. Since I came to RO, I found out that maybe it would be best to try "bunny dating" with a rescue. You don't want to upset Rosie, now that she's coming around, or the other bunny you plan to give a loving home. Plus you don't want to get discouraged. Maybe that way can help you and Rosie pick a man-friend.

K:)

I think bunny dating is what I'd like to do.
Our humane society always has neutered and spayed rabbits, and I was thinking that if I meet one that I like I will see if I can bring her in for a little bunny meet and greet :)

Latest posts

Back