Introducing Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinac

Reaction score
Is it normal when introducing a nuetered male toa female for him to hump her? Is it just his way of saying he isboss? here are the 2 of them not long after they first met
38078914_full.jpg

My Bernie humped every new rabbit we introducedhim to except Oreo. Oreo wouldn't let him and they would start tofight. But Bernie shares a bedroom with 3 other rabbits and they areall submissive to him. They are all happy with this arrangement exceptmaybe Alice. Alice isn't fixed yet so she'll hop by Bernie, stop andmount his head and then run off before he can do anything. They'refunny. I think the mounting is just a dominance thing and it's fineunless they're opposed to being mounted and fight back. Just my opinion.

Mounting is a sign ofdominance , tosee who is the top bunny. It's fine for them to do as long as both arecooperative and the one being mounted doesn't seem too distressed. Iwould discourage head mounting because if the rabbit being mountsbites, it could do some damage.

Looks and sounds like a great start! :)

Bambi doesnt seem to mind being humped and ifshe has had enough she just runs away, there hasnt been any agressionfrom wither side. There has been some head mounting tho so hopefullythumper retains all his bits lol

Latest posts

Back