Introducing myself

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trmeyer

Reaction score
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name isTracy, I am 31 years old, I am from Northeast Missouri. Iam married toKevin for 10 years, have 2 children Elizabeth 8, and Daniel3. Right now we don't have any rabbits. We are desperatelylooking. We are wanting a pet rabbit for the kids, have all the stufffor it, so we were prepared and now are having a hard time finding onethat we like, that is not outrageously priced. My husband used to breedand show rabbits, and my daughter is wanting to start showing rabbitsand join 4-H. I was in 4-H for 8 or 9 years. My brother and I used tohave rabbits, but he put them in the shows. I didn't. Mygrandfather raised rabbits for years, with people driving from milesaround to buy his rabbits. I am very excited about finding the perfectrabbit for our family. We haven't even decided on a specificbreed yet, but we have been reading up on all of them. We have made dddo research on raising a bunny. She is excited as is our little boy. Weare going to a local rabbit show on Saturday to get a look at thingsand maybe find a bunny to call our very own. Sorry to rambleon like this. I am just excited.

Tracy

Hi there and welcome!

Its great that you guys are doing so much research before you bringhome a bunny. I wish more parents would be like you and teach theirkids how to be a responsible pet owner. Great work!

I would recommend joining the ARBA if you havent already, they should have lots of good info for you.

Good Luck in your search and keep us posted!

Hello there and welcome to RO!!:wave:

I hope you find the perfect rabbit, you sound like you'll make wonderful owner!!:bunnydance:

Hope you enjoy the forum!

Michaela:), Ebony:bunny5 and Pebble:anotherbun

Thank you everyone for all your welcomemessages. We went to the rabbit show today and though I wasoverwhelmed, we were able to find a pair of rabbits to take home withus. We purchased a doe and a buck of the French Lop breed. These tworabbits are the most docile I have ever handled myself. The owner gotthese rabbits out and let us handle them and told us all about them,giving me their papers, and also her home phone number and address. Iam excited about this. My husband was wanting to start breeding rabbitsagain, and this pair will be perfect as she said the female is ready tobreed now. So we will see how things go and everything. But they seemto be the perfect rabbits for my kids. They weren't skittish (and thisis with hundreds of people around, talking, moving and everything).

Tracy

Latest posts

Back