Introducing Muppet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suz

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of our new baby steel gray Flemish Giant Muppet. He was handled so well by the farmer and his wife, that he hopped out of the crate, sat while we petted him, explored his surroundings, and then laid right down in front of us and took a snooze after giving himself a quick cleaning. It was like he was saying "yeah, this will work. I'm home!" It was hilarious.
We still have no idea if it's a buck or doe, but Muppet works either way so we're good ;)

Muppet.jpg

MuppetLaying.jpg

So cute :) Glad he's adjusting well! ;)

Finally finished the hutch outside today, so here's some pics in Muppet's new home. She/he loves it by the way! Made himself right at home and cuddles up with a big stuffed elephant that I put in the nest box. I was thinking maybe he's missing his littermates and mom, and the elephant was the same size as mom was pretty much.

Muppet3.jpg

Muppet4.jpg

Muppet2.jpg

Muppet1.jpg

Very cute bunny! The hutch is nice too but I am concerned about the gauge of the wire in the floor. It don't look heavy enough to support a flemish and the wire looks thin and might cause sore hocks. It should be 14 guage 1/2" x 1"

Thanks. I'll get a better bottom wire next week then. We were going to just put an extra 2x4 across, but that wire never seemed "comfortable" to me anyhow. But it's my first hutch, so I was bound to make a mistake somewhere!

Already growing bigger and bigger! Here's some pics from a few minutes ago of my daughter Reese and Muppet having a bonding moment. You can almost see the smile on Muppet's face from being petted. She's really starting to warm up to my kiddo which I'm thankful for. That's one thing I didn't want was a skittish, scaredy bunny. Not with a big dog and wild 3 yr old!

1e7c7d34.jpg

29e8f5ed.jpg

Latest posts

Back