Introducing Cinnamon!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kohana

Reaction score
So after a few months of not having a bun, my boyfriend and I decided to fill the void and adopt a new baby!! His name is Cinnamon. He is a 2 1/2 year old holland lop.

IMG_1244.jpg

He is super sweet. We adopted him from the Edmonton Humane Society :) Stan was super awesome and took us behind the scenes at the shelter! We had a tour of the entire facility then we got to go look at the bunnies. We picked out a few to spend some one on one time with and see how they were. I had met Cinnamon a few weeks ago and had been thinking a lot about him. While Stan was searching for a kennel to move him, we stood beside the opening to his cage. Cinnamon came right up to the doors to peek out at us. I put my hand up to pet him and he nudged his head into my hand :) Well we went to a little room and let him out of his cage. It took him a few minutes to decide to come out but once he did he went all around the room exploring. After a few minutes he came up beside James (my boyfriend) and hopped right into his lap!! We were both so surprised! He just settled right down on his lap and happily sat there as we were petting him :) We spent some time with two other buns and they were very sweet as well, but I had gotten a little attached hehe :biggrin2:

We just brought him home and he is having a lot of fun exploring :rabbithop He is very sweet and loves pets. He is still a little nervous at the moment but I am sure that will disappear soon :)

Thanks Stan for all of your help in finding us a new bun to love!!

Here are a few more photos of our new baby!

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

Congratulations on the new addition Nicole! It was nice to meet James too.

Cinnamon is such a sweet bunny. So glad he found you two. Looks like he is really enjoying his new digs.

1149_102044_440000000.jpg

This was hiskennel during his stay at the Shelter. Certainly different from the home sweet home he has now.

1149_052056_550000000.jpg

1149_102044_440000001.jpg

This is one of the volunteers with Cinnamon at the shelter. He was a favorite.

Awwwww Cinnamon is SO adorable! Tortoiseshell Holland Lops are one of my absolute favorites and he's a super cutie pie. He sounds like a sweetie too. What's not to love?

Thanks everyone!! He is quite the character :p He has been doing binkies non stop while running around the house. He sure likes freedom haha.

@Whiskerz - Cinnamon was his shelter name. We figured it suited him too well to change it :)

Adorable - I am partial to tort Holland Lop bucks! Enjoy him - it was easy to see why he was a favorite!

Denise

Congrats Kohana on the new bunbun! And congrats Cinnamon on your new home;) Can't wait to hear more about him and his antics in the near future! And I can't wait to see more pics of this cutie!!! :hearts

Kohana wrote:
We spent some time with two other buns and they were very sweet as well, but I had gotten a little attached hehe :biggrin2:
Are you sure you didn't go back to the shelter and adopt the other two buns?I tookSunday off for a golf tournament, and those two got adopted while I was away.

How is Cinnamon doing? Is he eating well, and using the litter box?

Aw yay! I'm happy they adopted out a few buns this weekend :) Some of them seem to stay for quite a while.

Cinnamon is doing well! He absolutely loves cuddles and freedom. Since James is at home most of the time during the day he gets to run around the house. He gets put in his cage during the night, boy he sure doesn't like that :p The first night he was put in his cage he tore it apart haha. He tipped his litter box, pulled his hay rack over and tipped his house. It was chaos by morning hahaha.

He seems to have a healthy appetite though :) He has been eating well. Trying to get him to eat a bit more hay. He has been having the odd runny poop but most have been good. The other thing that has me a tiny bit worried is that his nose seems to be wet from time to time. It isn't running , just seems to get wet at the corners (not really underneath which I thought was strange). Are rabbits like cats and dogs in the sense that their nose gets wet when they are excited?

Litterbox habits are also pretty good although he did pick a corner of the house to poop in every once in a while :p Silly bunny. Would it be a good idea to put a litter box in that corner? Or try and discourage him from using it?

He is a very adorable boy though. I love him to bits :inlove He loves to cuddle. If I sit on the floor he will keep hopping onto and off my lap. He is silly hehe.

Here are a few more photos I've gotten of him :)

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

He's absolutely gorgeous!

IMG_1259.jpg

This is such a sweet picture!

You could try putting his litter box where he has started pooping- he may be letting you know that this is where he wants it ;)

Sounds like he has settled right in :)

Jan

Hmm okay thanks for the advice! I will try that if he continues to use that corner. I came home today and there weren't any poops in the corner. Yay! :p

Latest posts

Back