Introducing Butternut Squash!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nargle

Reaction score
Meet Ms. Butternut Squash! I just got her yesterday! She's a 5 month old Mini Rex. She's settling in quite well and she has just the sweetest personality. She's so energetic and playful and isn't frightened or shy about anything. She is even extremely curious about my dog, Basil, who is just as excited to meet her. They both stick their noses up to the bars of her cage and sniff each other for a few seconds, and Basil will start to wag his tail happily, and Butternut will start bouncing around and binkying. It's the cutest thing you've ever seen, lol!

Also I'm surprised by how quickly she seems to be getting litter box trained. There were a few poops in her pen and a few more scattered around in her cage, but like 90% of her poops are in her litter box. Also I'm not totally sure, but I don't believe I've found any pee puddles outside of her litter box. But speaking of poop, WOW does that rabbit know how to poop, lol! There won't be a shortage of manure for my garden anytime soon!

But anyways, on to the photos!

img2276cl.jpg

img2280h.jpg

Bunny flop! This is actually what her pen looked like before I figured out how to re-attach the panel with the door on it, hehehe. So this one is down a panel:
img2281i.jpg

Here's what "the Squash Estate" looks like currently, hehehe. Don't mind the clutter, space is at a premium in my small apartment! This room is actually my "office" (which actually used to be a dining room) and the table that I converted to her cage is my table that I keep my craft/art/needle felting supplies.
img2286ug.jpg

"The Squash Mansion." You might notice that Butternut has excellent interior decorating sense from her stylish green and orange decor, hehe. I'd like to add a better nest box, but for now a ginger ale box will do! At least it fits with the design theme, lol.
img2289kx.jpg

And arial view of the Squash Estate. Actually part of the gate to her pen is the door to her cage, made out of those storage cube grids. That part detaches from the rest of the gate and folds over the table so that it's a complete cage.
img2293o.jpg

Thanks everybody! She's been a real joy so far :biggrin2:

are you a chef?

Not a chef, just really like food, lol! Come to think of it, most of my pets' names have been food related! I have a parrot, too whose name is Skittles, hehehe.

Very cute! She looks like my Ghirardelli (I thought it looked like he was dipped in white, milk, and dark chocolate). The mini rexes have great personality!

Welcome to bunny slavedom :)

Latest posts

Back