Introducing Bucks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlvc

Reaction score
Hello,

I brought home a neutered rabbit today. I introduced him tomy current buck, Flopsy, on neutral ground. Flopsy's recentlybeen neutered...it's been about a month now. Thankfully,there was no fighting. However, Flopsy hasbeenCONSTANTLY mounting the new bun. The new rabbit(sorry, I don't have a name for him yet) doesn't seem to mind this,though. He just lets him do it. He runs awaysometimes. Is it okay to allow this? Is this normalbehavior? Will Flopsy's behavior last, or is he just excitedat having a new friend and expressing his dominance?

Thanks!

mounting is normal when two buns first meet. Itstheir way of establishing dominance. Just keep a close eye on themthough and make sure it doesn't excalate to severe fighting and themhurting each other. Its a good idea to keep a squirt bottle handy justin case to help seperate them or make them stop fighting.

Good luck with bonding and congrats on your new bunny!!

Thanks...I got the newbun from thehumane society. He only hasone eye, aswell. He had one of his eyes surgically removed due to injury.

Latest posts

Back