Introducing 2 New Family Members

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nela

Reaction score
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

They're here!

On Thursday, we were shopping at the garden supply store and it turned out that there was an indoor pet shop. I

didn't want to buy bunnies at the pet store but they did have hutches. I must admit that I was hoping to convert a

small playhouse or something but then Jeff brought me back to reality when he told me it would be a bit massive for

the yard Anyway, we ended up getting a hutch there. I haven't found any hutch that I was really thrilled with to

be honest... However, with some modifications, I think this one is good enough. It will do for now at least

Of course, when I woke on Friday all I could think about was the empty hutch... Lol. So I kind of, sort of, okay

maybe really poked Jeff about possibly filling it We were all set to go to the shelter we had seen online some

time ago but we just needed the address. Problem is, Jeff noticed that the shelter was no longer open I was really

disappointed... I had really wanted to go see Wayne and Winky but no. I guess it was closed since a while now and

because I can't read dutch, I didn't actually notice. Bleh. Anyway, we tried locating other shelters but failed. We

saw a few but they were closed or too far away. Then we tried locating breeders... Hmm... We didn't find any. There

were one or two but of course they were scattered all over the place and not really within reach. The closest one

said on its site that it specialized in giants and I didn't really feel the hutch was appropriate for a rabbit that

size.

Anyway, disappointed and frustrated, I figured I wouldn't get my bunnies anytime soon. However, Jeff drove us

around looking from pet store to pet store until I spotted a bunch! (Now, I know I know, pet stores aren't the best

place to buy from. Please don't get all offended. Being that this isn't my native country, it's really hard for me

to find things myself and I am not the one being dragged around to locate bunnies across the country... I did

consider waiting until we got to France but then again, we are flying and that requires a lot of paperwork and it

is really expensive so I figured that wasn't our best option.) So I spotted a bunch of baby bunnies that were

really to my liking but really there was a single bunny that caught my eye. I knew right away I wanted it. It was a

girl and I was taking her home for sure. Next came the harder part, picking another... I admit, I really wanted a

boy from the start so I was a bit biased. Luckily, the other bunny I really liked turned out to be a boy so we

picked him as our second.

Here they are:

Smores...

DSC00109.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

Ashlynn (Boo)...

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

All snuggled up...

DSC00155.jpg

And my favorite...

DSC00107.jpg

:big wink:

Lookit my sweet little babies :inlove: They are the most darling bunnies I've seen in a long time. The one of them snuggled is beyond cute. Smores looks like a Rory-Phoebe, how could I not love him? And Ashlynn is SO adorable.

Congrats! More pictures! Every day!

Thanks guys! I really want to try to stick to just two and spoil them rotten. I really really love them. Ashlynn is timid and needs affection (she also just left her mom so it's to be expected :() I'm trying to think of a bunny of mine she might remind me but she's quite different really. She does remind me of Annabelle at times though.Her eyes, flops,timid binkies... Smores reminds me of Bam-Bam more and more each time I see him. He's extremely friendly and playful. He also destroys everything in sight :p

So far, they seem to be quite comfy outside. They have their hutch + run and we also bought them a playpen until they are big enough to roam the yard. There are lots of cats and magpies here though so it makes me a bit nervous, even if I am with them so I hope this outdoor experience goes smoothly. We modified their hutch by changing the latches and adding locks. I can't say I am happy with the quality to be honest but with the modifications, it is okay now.

Shiloh, I'm really happy you like them. I've always had a special affection for your babes myself. It's really comforting to know that I can have bunnies again and really enjoy them without having to worry :biggrin:Oh and for the pictures, no problem. Jeff bought me a new camera so I have to play with it! :winkKiss your babes for me please.

Sophie, Rory is cuddling with me right now so I gave him some kisses and told him they're from you :D The other two will get their smooches tonight too. Of course I like your bunnies, how could I not?! And yay for camera! I'm glad the bunnies can stay outside and Jeff can clean their hutch if necessary so you won't be exposed to too many allergens and hopefully won't get too sick. I'll bet Ashlynn warms up really quickly- Tallulah was super timid and scared of me for the first little while, but she came around in a BIG way. She just needed lots of gentle attention, and I'm sure Ashlynn will be the same. She's such a sweetheart. She's pulling my heartstrings BIG TIME. Paul said we can get a loppy baby in a few months (after our baby birds grow up and after the wedding, which is in 5 weeks!), so looking at sweet little lops is even nicer.

Shiloh,

5 weeks?! :shock: Man, I haven't seen the time go by! Woot woot! I've been expecting you to get a loppy forever so I am really excited to hear you planning it :biggrin2: I think Ashlynn will be a total lovebug as well, she just needs some reassurance. She was moved about quite a bit in the past week so she'll need some time to settle down. I just love her and I really don't mind, even if it would turn out to be her personality. :biggrin: You know... I had thought of emailing you about calling her Ashlynn Monroe. :) She'd love to have you as a godmother and we'll need to exchange addies again :p Hehehe

Coolbun,

Thanks! He's really sweet. I am really glad that they are comfy with each other :biggrin2:

Peg,

LOL. Always nice to hear from you :wink

Latest posts

Back