Into the working world..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlzbb

Reaction score
Since I can't think of a better more understanding place to post this I thought that I'd post it here.

I have currently been unemployeed for about 8 months :[ I've been looking a lot around. Today I turned in 10 more applications and I'm working at getting back on my feet. And than I come home and I'm looking at all the fur-kids and I can't help but think 'Who will care for them while I'm working?' And 'Whose going to check Jessicas' poops?' I got really depressed thinking about how I won't have as much time with the animals. & How much I'll miss their little faces during the day waiting for treats :[

This really really has me down in the dumps. And makes me not want to go to my interview on Monday at all.

Don't worry :)
You'll have time to spend with them after work, and even though they might not understand why you're gone, they'll probably sense that you're helping them. Besides, they'd want you to be successful; who else to be a bunny-slave than one that's got lots of money to go out and buy them all the best fineries? ;)
I'm sure they'll be fine for a little while when you're at work. My rabbit is just fine and I have to go to school for most of the day.

just think of it this way: more money, more bunny stuff!

i am in the same boat, i haven't been working for months, and i had 2 interviews in the past 2 days and am waiting for call backs on monday. i don't know what my buns will do while i am gone 40 hours a week!

That's what I'm thinking. I don't just have bunsthough, I have Guinea pigs who get treats throughtout the day, etc. Notto mention a Chihuahua Mix that's never really been on her own. We gother while I was unemployeed. :[ I'm still worried but I'll live. I'llbe able to afford more vet care so that's a good thing.

I keep considering the same thing. In my caseit's seven rabbits, and a dog. I keep thinking what if. Than I tellmyself it's for their good to. More toys and treats!

First I have to find a job. :?

My Husband has promised to check Jessicas' poop.I stressed to him so much that it's really important that he call me nomatter what if she has lose stool. Because rabbits can go down hill soquickly. I've also decided to write up instructions for every cage.There is a certian way to feed them, Who goes first, second, etc. Whogets one piece before they actually get fed. It's weird but I do itEVERYDAY and I don't want rountines all screwed up.

Do I sound completely insane?

You're just a concerned mommy. Don'tworry, the animals will be fine. I've been through severaljob changes, each with a different work schedule, and my beasts haveadjusted just fine. Sure they fussed for a while, but nothingbad happened. I went from 3rd shift to 12 hour 3rd shift to anormal 3rd shift again and I'll be moving to 1st shift in a fewmonths. And this is all in a year and a half! I doworry a bit about how much they'll fuss when I move to 1st shift as theschedule will be very different from what they're used to.But they'll be okay.

And I know Jessica's just a baby, but it's okay to leave her for 8hours.;) My baby Mocha survived just fine with me working 8hour 3rd shifts and my hubby working 10+ days at his parent's farm 6days a week. She was a bit lonely, but I spayed her as soonas possible and got her a neutered friend to snuggle with and then shewas fine.

Are you suggesting MORE BUNNIES!

I know that the guinea pigs will be just fine. It's the dogs &bunnies I'm most worried about. The guinea pigs are pretty much selfstanding and can entertain themselves since they've all got cagemates.I don't play with them much. But Bindi & Jessica WORRY me. I'msure they'll be fine but my husband won't give veggies &doesn't understand that I'm getting Jessica adjusted to them SLOWLY.

I'm a nutcase, I know it.

Nope, you already have two. You couldbond Jessica to Bindi, although I'd recommend waiting until Jessica isa little older and spayed. But even being able to see anotherrabbit helps with the loneliness.

If you're worried about the veggies, portion them out in plasticbaggies. That way when he feeds her he only gives her onebaggy's worth, which you measured and you put in which veggies she'sused to. I do this when I have a friend watch my bunnieswhile I'm on vacation.

Not that hard, really. It always comesdown to the individual rabbits and whether they like each other ornot. There's lots of female pairs and even trios on thisforum. I have a pair of sisters.:)

Latest posts

Back