interesting cages

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think by "homes for cats", they mean a pen for kittens and such. Atleast they are better than most cages at the shelters for cats.

These cages are easily made. It looks like they are just galvanized wire and pvc tubes from a hardware store.

Also if you look most of the really small ones are for transport and when sick.

Something like that would have been good when Ringo was at his worst or after a spay or neuter.

From site:

[align=left]This is basically for use as a temporary holding pen. The pen will fit into most hatchback or estate cars either folded or erected and is ideal for transporting your cats on long journeys.[/align]
[align=left]The 'FLATLET' is also suitable for use as a hospital pen, providing just enough room for a bed, litter tray and feeding/drinking bowls. The size of the pen will discourage an injured or sick animal from climbing or from any strenuous movement whilst it is recovering. Also, the full width doorway allows for careful support of an injured or anaesthetized animal when being placed in the pen.[/align]
[align=left]Apart from the quick folding 'Flatlet', this is the smallest of our pens. It is still large enough for a litter tray, feeding bowls and a bed. It can be used as a short term holding pen or as your pets own place to stay and sleep. If required, the door can be removed or replaced in a few seconds. [/align]
[align=left][/align]

I like mine better... more character...

WhiskeyandSeltzer002.jpg

hmmm..... This one took longer to build than I anticipated... I can wood burn a door for you though... lol. I'm willing to send plans, but another 3 months building a bunny mansion in my every spare second... hmm.. i'd never get any sleep anymore!

:sweep:bunnysuit:

I want to make a whole bunny village on my property with the likes of those buildings :)

I think those look great for people who can't get a hold of NIC panels. PVC pipes last longer and can be easier to work with than wood for people who aren't good with tools. They don't have enough warmth and cover for outdoor rabbits, although a traditional hutch could be placed inside and left open, using the larger covered pen for a run. Much safer than pens with no covers because it would keep predatory birds out.

Back