Interesting behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ec

Reaction score
I've taken to feeding Nibbles' greens to her on paper plates, because she's more apt to eat them all if they're on a flat surface rather than in a food dish.

She used to play with the plates by tossing them around, but she's discovered a brand new game that has me baffled.

She'll plunk herself down on the paper plate and carefully bite the edges all the way around, so that they're crimped like a pie crust! Then she gets into a "nesting" position and snoozes, looking for all the world like a hen sitting on her eggs.

I'm wondering if anyone else's rabbits have done this, also - what kind of "natural" behavior could this be tied into? (I know she thinks it's lots of fun, but surely there's more to it than that?)

I wish i could get a video of her doing it, because it's fun to watch her working so hard! ;)

Edited to add: I'm sure that pulling against resistance (in this case, her own weight) is part of the attraction, but still... she's done this "pie crust" thing over and over, and the results are awfully consistent.

No, mine haven't done that - however, when Bo was a baby, he loved to take off doing the bunny 500 and "hit" the paper plate at full speed on the hardwood floor. He went flying a few times - it was hilarious! He loved it too and binkied when his "ride" ended.

Back