Insects in the Rabbit Shed :/

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstin

Reaction score
Hello all... so I have an 8 by 10 shed that I keep my 4 rabbits in. It has a fan and heater for when it gets cold, but unfortunately there tends to be a lot of flys and ants that I see roaming around.

Is this hazardous for the rabbits? Should I worry?

If so, what should I do? :?

Ants don't matter so much.

Flies can be a problem though, they can cause fly strike. So it's important to keep the area clean and dry and put out some fly strips or something to attempt to control the flies. Just check the rabbits once a week or so to make sure their vents are clean.

But otherwise, the bunnies should be fine. :)

try walmart the little sticky things that swirl from a ceiling will work. or you can try ace hardware

When getting fly strips try to find the ones that are poison free (just sticky) in case the rabbits accidentally come in to contact. Fly screen netting over any openings will dramatically reduce them too. It's pretty easy to knock together a screen door so you can have the main door open for ventilation without getting loads of flies - net curtains are a cheap alternative to the proper fabric.

Latest posts

Back