insane problem i need help with

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamieg25

Reaction score
my landlord keeps telling me to use scoop litter which is poison to rabbits and also tells me that general smells do not build up when a apartment is closed in during cold weather and not able to open windows and that not opening windows has nothing to do with anything

my landlord also tries to tell me that she knows exactly what will work because she had pets but in reality if she had experience with rabbits then she would not be telling me to do things that will poison them

the truth is that there is no smell whatsoever and i have asked various people that come over if there is a smell and everyone tells me there is none

i do clean cages daily and i do not let the old litter sit in a garbage can

does anyone have ideas how to deal witha landlord that tries to force me to do things that will poison my kids and the fact that she is the only one that can supposedly smell a nonexistent smell

i think she hates rabbits and hopes i will kill them so they will not be here any more

jamieg25 wrote:
my landlord keeps telling me to use scoop litter which is poison to rabbits and also tells me that general smells do not build up when a apartment is closed in during cold weather and not able to open windows and that not opening windows has nothing to do with anything

my landlord also tries to tell me that she knows exactly what will work because she had pets but in reality if she had experience with rabbits then she would not be telling me to do things that will poison them

the truth is that there is no smell whatsoever and i have asked various people that come over if there is a smell and everyone tells me there is none

i do clean cages daily and i do not let the old litter sit in a garbage can

does anyone have ideas how to deal witha landlord that tries to force me to do things that will poison my kids and the fact that she is the only one that can supposedly smell a nonexistent smell

i think she hates rabbits and hopes i will kill them so they will not be here any more
Just pretend your using it! get a litter that looks similar that isn't piousness.

the problem is that the landlord is making up smells that do not exist and her harassment will not stop

my landlord hates rabbits or if there was a smell then why is she the only one that can smell it and even my neighbor across the hall does not smell anything

i am already using a dust free cat litter because my kids decided that cat litter is the only thing they will use

You can use Feline Pine, it's a cat liter, so your landlord will be pacified and it's safe for rabbits. Not sure where you are located, but if you are in the US go to Tractor Supply and buy some Equine Fresh. It's horse litter that looks just like Feline Pine, and it is SO much cheaper than any other litter I've found. It's what I use for mine. Buy one bag of Feline Pine &fill up your Feline Pine bag with Equine Fresh and your landlord will be none the wiser. Good Luck!

^^^ Good suggestion.
Get a copy of the tenant rights for your area, and be aware of your rights. Don't throw your rights in her face; just calmly and pleasantly tell her that you understand, and thank her for her concern. Leave it at that.

Throw out a small bag of unused cat litter on a regular basis to keep her pacified, if that's what you have to do...

that brand is not sold here so i will need to order it online

the only kinds that are sold here is tidy cat and the individual store brands

the farm stores here do not sell any kind of litter and what they do carry is feed and equipment only unless i drive 50 miles to the town that is more in the middle of farms and i do not have a car so that is not going to happen

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Throw out a small bag of unused cat litter on a regular basis to keep her pacified, if that's what you have to do...
I think this is a smart suggestion, too. :)

And, all else fails, find another place to live. :)

I agree with using Feline Pine. Yesterday's News is also a kitty litter. Worst case scenario, buy some clumping cat litter (super cheap stuff) and just show it to her. She doesn't need to know that you aren't using it. She can't come in your apartment without your permission, either. So, she can't do diddly squat about it! :p

i am trying to find a different place to live and throwing out unused litter is not realistic for me since litter costs money and i am living on disability and those checks are not much so throwing out unused things is not practical

i am just trying to hang on while i save the money in investing to be able to create the income to buy a house with

at least i know how to live cheap to be able to create something to save

Latest posts

Back