inner health plus powder for kids good for rabbits???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snooty

Reaction score
Hi i have this inner health plus for kids powder and was thinking if it is good for rabbit's stomach?? The content per 2.3 g dose contains 6 billionlactobacillus rhamnosus (GG), 3.75 billion lactobacillus acidophilus (NCFM) and 3.75 billion bifidobacteriumlactis (Bi-07) organisms. Thanks. And what dosage should I give them if they can have some.

I'm going to be lazy & not look up which bacterium is active in the stomach vs intestines, but my guess is that they're active in the stomach, while rabbits really need the cultures that are active past the stomach, which usually means they need to be buffered to get past the stomach. Something made for elderly humans would be your best bet.

The powder you have certainly won't hurt, but I doubt it'd do much good. As to dosage of any probiotic, too much will just be unused, not cause any damage. Using it at the same ratio to weight as for a child seems like a sensible amount.

The probiotics we use, that's made for small animals like rabbits, contains lactobacillus.If the rabbit is under stress or taking medications then it would help keep thelevels of good and bad bacteria in the intestines in check. We don't give it unless it's needed, but I guess it could also depend on your rabbit's diet.

Latest posts

Back