Indoor or Outdoor Poll

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are Your Bunnies-

• Indoor

• Outdoor

• Allowed to go both

Results are only viewable after voting.
Casper lives indoors but gets to go outside in a pen everynow and again :)

I don't see anything wrong with outdoor rabbits as long as they are cared for properly and have another rabbit for company. Alot of people seem to think its cruel to keep rabbits inside :? lol

All of my rabbits are inside in the bunny room which used to be a spare bedroom. For me with the hot Indiana summers and the cold winters I didn't feel comfortable with them being outside. But I do many friends that have their bunnies outside, just a personal preference I think.

My buns live outside but they are allowed in the house whenever but not to sleep only to play!
Only when it is really cold or rreally hot they come inside so i can keep an eye on their temperature.

I have one of each, an indoor bun and an outdoor bun. Ebony comes inside for playtime though, and Maddie goes out in the garden for playtime in good weather. :)

In the UK it's much more common to keep rabbits outside than in, because we have such a mild climate it's not a problem. Outside rabbits should be in a hutch no smaller than 6x2 foot, or a shed or playhouse which is much better. :) My Ebony has a wooden playhouse (7.5x3.5 foot) and a run my dad built (7.5x5.5 foot). :) And Maddie has a big NIC cage in my room.

I have a bunny house outside screen house that is 6x6 and tall enough for me to walk around in. I have a chair in there to sit on, 2 special bunny hiding places, a fan, insulated ceiling and screens for shade.
I have been socializing with the bunnies in the outside house, because they came from an outdoor farm.

I have an outdoor bunny. She does come in sometimes, for a little while but not that much. I love having rabbits outside. I think its nice for them to keep in touch with nature. Also, although weather conditions can sometimes be harsh bunnies are very resilient so they stay OK. I'd love an indoor bunny though.

My bunnies both live outdoors in hutches that are 5ft by 3ft, but my Dad is building new ones which is going to be a 12foot long, by 3ft wide, which will be divided in the middle so the buns can still snuggle up to one another and groom eachother, but not hurt one another.
They have a 12ft by 6ft run that they share.

They come in every day, for as many hours as I can. Sometimes after a few hours I have so much hair in my eyes lol I have to put them outside again and hoover. Haha.
But, although they live outside, one of our living rooms is very safe for them, so I watch tv or work in there adn they just run around and leap on the sofa etc.
So they are sort of indoor and outdoor.
I can bring them in for as long as I want, but my parents don't want them living inside, becuase of the fur and the space required for their hutches etc.

As soon as possible, though they will be inside with me, although I know they are very happy outside becuase they have one another, and can groom and snuggle together most of the time, adn they come inside with me every day.
They also go in their runs every day for at least 4 or 5 hours- it's such a big run they can run and leap and binky to their heart's content, so I like them to be in it as long as possible. Obviously they have shelter and wate rin there. :)

Mine live inside but I believe in inside pets. My cats are indoor cats as well so when I got Riley first I knew she would stay inside. I didn't know much about rabbits though but knew she would stay inside. We also rent so without owning our own home I would be afraid to leave her outside all the time anyways.

My bunnies are indoor house rabbits :).

I'd love to be able to put a run outside for them, but since I live in the city, it would be too hard to find the space to allow for runs and/or hutches. I'd also be too worried about stray dogs in the neighborhood. Plus, I live in Cleveland in an area that presses right up against Lake Erie and the weather here is unpredictable at best with very cold winters and sometimes steamy summers.

So indoors it is...but, believe me, they hardly seem upset by their lavish accomodations ;).

It's all really about where you live, isn't it?

Here in the UK the weather is always mild, so it's fine for rabbits to be outside all day.
But other places it is very hot or very cold, so inside would be a better option.

Like you said, you don't leave near a good place for a run, but you make up for that with lots of stuff for them inside.
I have a big garden with gorgeous long lush grass, so we built a run as big as practically possible (for moving it to new, fresh sections of grass) so this was a better idea.

It's all about ur environment- as long as the rabbit is happy, that's fine. there are no set rules- inside or outside, run or no run, blah blah.

I voted both.:) Although technically Millie is an outdoor rabbit she spends quite a bit of time inside with us now she is a single bunny. Yesterday the weather was horrible so she was in from 10am to 9pm.:pAlthough she is getting so bad for thinking that the room I bring her into is 'her room' now. She wont let poor Ollie the cat come in anymore!:shock:Attitude bunny!:shame

I think the whole indoor/outdoor thing does depend on which part of the world you live in, however I'd say as much as possible bunnies should be able to get at least some time outside.:) Although Millie enjoys being inside the house with us she much prefers being outside; eating all our grass and dandelions,snoozing in the sunand digging up our veggie patch!:pI'd say it isn't as important for them to come inside as long as they have company outside (and a suitable environment to live in), although owners should still spend a lot of time out with them.What's the point in having a pet if you don't spend any time with them?:?

XxMontanaxX wrote:
My rabbits live outdoors, but only because I have parents who don't like rabbits in the house. I'd change it if I could. :(
I see I'm not the only one lol, my dad really likes Batty but he said if it weren't for the smell, he would be fine with having him in my room. And I understand, Batty will come in the porch for the winter and stays outside any other time, he does have a pen but I don't want to bring him in because I don't want the chance of him having an accident on the hardwood:?. (plus, one of my sisters blamed him for having an accident on the sofa:grumpy:)

Inside, in their own room :). I think bunnies should be inside with the family, just my personal preference.

Plus, I live in Arizona...over 100 degree heat. I also live "in the woods", so we have lots of coyotes and javalina's here.

Mine are both indoor bunnies. I've taken each of them outside about 3 times but they are terrified of birds chirping so I don't think they'd do very well as outdoor bunnies! ;)

Latest posts

Back