Indiana Voters - What Do You Think?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnicula

Reaction score
Bunnicula's Castle, S.Central, Pennsylvania, USA
Usually by now in a presidential election the races are pretty well decided.

For the first time in a LOOOONG time the PA primary really meant something and PA got to be the focus of the candidates and the media.

I was just wondering how any folks from Indiana are feeling about your upcoming primary and the part you will play in helping to confirm who will be the democratic nominee.

Indiana is usually a very Republican state... It will be interesting to see what happens because many Republican voters have jumped off the Elephant and onto the Donkey's back.... Bush has been a major downfall because of the economy and war.

When it comes to Hillary and Obama, it's a toss up here. A lot of reports are saying Obama leads, but it's kind of hush-hush to discuss politics this time around.... it seems more touchy than I can remember before.

I have seen/heard some of the older democrats complain about Obama's lack of patriotism and they don't like some of his beliefs.

I've seen people bash Hillary for being uppity or something..... (the word isn't appropriate that they use LOL)

I will definitely be voting next Tuesday...

I'm gonna start out by saying I'm a registered Republican. I say this - to explain why I haven't been following the Democratic primaries until just lately.

My question is - Is it possible for either Clinton or Obama to get enough delagates from the primaries only? Are they going to have to use the super-delegates? And what exactly are the super delegates?

I really haven't been following this much till a week or so ago maybe when I had assumed that the Democratic party would have a nominee. (I'm not thrilled with the Republican nominee this year - but I don't know if I could bring myself to jump party lines....).

Anyway - can someone explain superdelegates to me and why the Democratic party has them?

Also - at this point in time - is it possible for either candidate to get enough delegates?

Thanks!

I'm sorry to hijack the thread....maybe a bit...but not much as I try to read on CNN and stuff and it doesn't really make sense to me.....

TinysMom wrote:
I'm gonna start out by saying I'm a registered Republican. I say this - to explain why I haven't been following the Democratic primaries until just lately.

My question is - Is it possible for either Clinton or Obama to get enough delagates from the primaries only? Are they going to have to use the super-delegates? And what exactly are the super delegates?

I really haven't been following this much till a week or so ago maybe when I had assumed that the Democratic party would have a nominee. (I'm not thrilled with the Republican nominee this year - but I don't know if I could bring myself to jump party lines....).

Anyway - can someone explain superdelegates to me and why the Democratic party has them?

Also - at this point in time - is it possible for either candidate to get enough delegates?

Thanks!

I'm sorry to hijack the thread....maybe a bit...but not much as I try to read on CNN and stuff and it doesn't really make sense to me.....

My DH and I are the same as you as regards your first paragraph.

Here is a good article that explains who the 'super delegates' are and how they came to be. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superdelegate The section of 'criticism' of the superdelegates is very important this year. The superdelgates are in no way obligated to vote for thecandidate with the most primary wins. So the big talk is what does the party do if Obama has the most primary wins. If the superdelegates feel Clinton has more experience and has a better chance of winning the election against McCain, they can choose her over Obama. Of course, the party and the super delegates would then risk charges of racism and risk alienating many, of all races, in the electorate.

It's causing major nightmares for Democratic party strategists. Nancy Pelosi and others in high position in the party have waffled back and forth on their stance as to how the super delgates should vote. I guess bathos best describes the situation...

Wow - that is a good article.

My understanding (and it is limited) is that some states held their primaries early or something and are being "punished" by not having their delegates count in the official count or something - is that right? Or am I totally misunderstanding what I heard a while ago. I'm not sure how those delegates are going to count.

This sot of reminds me of the Sixth season of "The West Wing" when they had the democratic convention and they couldn't decide on a candidate at first 'cause of the numbers...

Anyway - if anyone has more information to share, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again SeniorCats!

Have there been any news articles or speculation about which way Indiana leans?

TinysMom wrote:
Have there been any news articles or speculation about which way Indiana leans?
Peg, I swear I heard tonight on ABC World News that they went Democrat. I'm am searching articles, can't find where they say it specifically.

As far as Hillary and Obama, they are saying it's too close to tell. Bill was at a nearby school yesterday, I wanted to go see him speak.

They are saying it could very well go Democratic. There's talk that the primary will tell how many people will go democratic at the election - registered republicans really seem to be saying they'll vote democratic in the primary...... That's also a topic of debate..... Some say that it could be republicans trying to fix the vote. I don't think so.

I have to say that this is the first time I'm really looking forward to next week's primary here. There is also projection that it will be a heavy voting day. I can understand that. My mom who hardly ever leaves the house will be getting out to vote!

As a non American watching all the election for the past year I find it very interesting. If I was American I definitely would be aDemocrat, but saying that I really don't like Obama. Maybe I'm watching too much CNN and Prime News. I think he's to wishy washy but then again what do I know. LOL

I think someone like Glenn Beck should run for president, I love watching his show. He's a Republican but said he will not vote for McCain this year, doesn't like his policies on the war and stuff.

I to will be watching the Primary next week, to see who will probably become the next President of the US.

Susan :)

Obama has a lot of supporters, but I have to say that there are some issues with him that I don't think I can move past.

As horrible morally as Bill Clinton was, he had our country in a financially secure place which is more than most could ever think of. At his back was Hillary. I can't say that she is my pick for a president, but I think that if we elect her, we get a 2 for 1 deal in the whitehouse and I think she would be pretty good.

I normally don't voice my views, but I do feel strongly this time around.

Indiana polls right now are showing her with a lead.

I pray that she wins it and she adds Sen Evan Bayh (D-Indiana) as her running mate! He and his wife are such great people.

Usually, Indiana's presidential primary doesn't matter, but it is exciting to have it look like it will count.

I will be voting next week mainly because of the govenors race in Indiana, voted for Gov. Daniels and regretting it.

I tend to vote republican and others I have talked to that vote republican are not really sure who to vote for.It is more like none of the canidates are really strong ones. None that make you want to say "I am definitely voting for..." Iam not really thrilled with either one of the democratic nominees and the republican presidential canidate isless then ideal.

Canidates can say wonderful things to get in office. Once there a lot of their ideas go by the wayside. Whoever ends up in office whether it be Hillary, Obama or McCain if congress doesn't want to play ball no one's ideas will ever see the light of day.

Its time for a RO bunny to run for the white house, they could run on the "greens" ticket.;)

wabbitdad, you said it all! including voting for my *itch Mitch! LOL! '

At least they have our attention!

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
It is more like none of the canidates are really strong ones. None that make you want to say "I am definitely voting for..." Iam not really thrilled with either one of the democratic nominees and the republican presidential canidate isless then ideal.

Canidates can say wonderful things to get in office. Once there a lot of their ideas go by the wayside.

Amen to that! Hubby and I watched the debate between Hillary and Obama a couple weeks ago, and I don't really think there was a clear winner there either. Obama seemed to be jsut falling back on sarcastic comments whenever Hillary got a shot in at him, and Hillary jsut kept saying, "I have more experience, I have more experience".

I would really say I am neither Democrat or Republican, I just pick whoever I think will be best whatever party they are with. This time I think it will be McCain, he strikes me as the least fake, I guess you could say. Plus I know Hillary is very anti-gun, and gun rights are very important to me. I'm not sure about Obama, I need to look that up.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Its time for a RO bunny to run for the white house, they could run on the "greens" ticket.;)

I have just the candidate for you! Dr. Melody 'Fullmoon' Frankenbunny is running for Presidentfor the Lagomorph Liberation Party. She advocates free parsley for everybunny, no more nail trims and complete enslavement of all humans by rabbits. She gladly takes campaign contributions sent to her in care of Bunnyland in the form of cash, large denominations in brown paper bags. You can comnpletely trust Melody....

She needs a cute male bunny running mate. Any suggestions?

seniorcats wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:

I have just the candidate for you! Dr. Melody 'Fullmoon' Frankenbunny is running for Presidentfor the Lagomorph Liberation Party. She advocates free parsley for everybunny, no more nail trims and complete enslavement of all humans by rabbits. She gladly takes campaign contributions sent to her in care of Bunnyland in the form of cash, large denominations in brown paper bags. You can comnpletely trust Melody....

She needs a cute male bunny running mate. Any suggestions?
I would like to nominate Charlie as her VP. He is an outgoing, friendly guy, and knows what it's like to live rough, so would be sympathetic to financially struggling voters. PLus, even better, he is now neutered! :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back