In Loving Memory

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMom

Reaction score
I am very sad to say that my dear littleJellybean has passed away. She had a tumor removed from her foot lastfall which we found out was cancerous. She also had a sore on her hipfrom dragging her back legs around. When I took her for herconsultation about having her foot amputated, the vet put her onseveral different meds to heal up her hip sore before proceeding withthe surgery. He gave me a cream to put on her sore in addition togiving her Baytril orally and Penicillin injections. (Are you kidding?I can't even look at a needle going into someone's skin!) But Igave them to her every night and she was so good! She never complained,she would just lick my hand the entire time and try to scoot into mylap. All the vets I took her to remarked how well behaved she wasthrough all the poking and prodding.

I was coming home from work on Monday the 3rd. I called home from theSecaucus station where I switch trains. Scott (my boyfriend) said hewas holding her and petting her head. I couldn't wait to get home to bewith her, too. We head just been to a funeral for Scott's aunt the daybefore and I felt we could both use some cheering up. When I got home,he looked depressed. I asked him what was wrong, expecting him to saysomething about his aunt's passing. When he told me Jellybean died Ilost it. I didn't stop crying til some time the next afternoon (Ididn't go to work either). I missed her by about half an hour. I justwish I could have gotten home earlier and been able to say goodbye. Iwish I could have pet her head once more or given her one more treat orjust have that sweet little face look up at me one more time.

It was almost six years ago I brought Jellybean home. A local breederwas closing his business and I was looking for a bunny. I had alreadypicked out two and was just about to leave when my boyfriend spottedJellybean and asked what was going to happen to her when the breederclosed. He said she'll probably go to butcher. That was all I needed tohear. She went home with us. She was so nervous that all four feetwould shake when I picked her up. I was glad she grew to love us andfeel comfortable around us so the shaking eventually stopped. She wasvery sweet and loved to play. I hope I did enough for her to make herlast days comfortable here. I am very grateful for being able to sharein the life of such a wonderful creature! I hope she knows how much Ilove her and miss her! It's amazing how such a small animal can leavesuch a big hole in your heart when they're gone!

We drove her to my mother's house in PA to bury her among two cats, twodogs, another bunny and assorted hamsters and fish. When we finishedour little ceremony, Scott and my mom filled in the rest of the hole.When they finished, they noticed a little bunny sitting and watchingthem. Then he hopped away. I think he was there to take Jellybean toher new place so she would not be scared and alone.

I know this is long. Thanks for listening. I know you understand how I feel.:(

I am so sorry....reading this post has brought tears to my eyes. *hugs*

You gave her such a good life and I am so glad that she had you as hermommy. I wish there was something I could do to take the pain away.

I'm so sorry to read that, what a wonderfulloving home she had with you, I've tears in my eyes reading this. It'sso awful to lose such a dearly loved companion without being able tosay goodbye, but she knew all the time how much you loved her and whatyou did for her, and she still does from some other place. It doesn'tstop the pain I know, but she had the best life possible with you. Sheprobably sent that little rabbit to let you know she's ok.

Sending you love and a big hug.

Kate

I'm sorry, what a sad story :(. At least she lived a good life instead of in a butcher's.

Make sure you put her name on the Rainbow Bridge post.

im soo sorry! its hard! its very hard! i still cry 3 months after my baby died! im very sorry to hear that!

RIP JellyBean

Oh I am so sorry! PoorJellybean. At least you gave her a loving and caring home formany years. She will be waiting for you across the Rainbowbridge.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

I'm so sorry to hear that Bunnymom. Shewas a beautiful rabbit and you did so much to keep her comfortable,even saving her from an early demise.

If you like, I'll bump the Rainbow Bridge post and you can post a little memorial to her there.

*hugs*

Ang xx

I'm so glad thatyou got to have such a wonderful bunny like Jellybean in your life!Isn't it amazing how such a little puffball can change us? Cherish yourmemories and keep her close to your heart. I'm sorry she has passed onand I will say a prayer for you that your happy memories quicklyovershadow your sad ones.

RaspberrySwirl

I am so sorry about Jellybean. She wasa beautiful bunny. she was so lucky to have you there to resue her.That story brought tears to my eyes. She'll be waiting for you atrainbow bridge.

Lanna

Oh, bunnymom, I am so sorry. I had so hoped she would be ok with this surgery and all.

She was loved and taken very good care of while she was here with you. she loved you and will be waiting for you.

Isn't it amazing to know that little bunny was there watching?

Thank you all so much for your kind words! Itcertainly does help. I would like to try to find the rainbow bridgepost. I know she's there waiting for me. I just miss her so much! Pocoand Hef miss her too - especially Hef - he keeps looking in her cagewondering where she is.

Buck, I agree with you. That little bun was no coincidence - I haven'tseen a bunny outside in months! I'm glad she has some friends where sheis!

Big ((hugs)) to you.

I'm very sorry for your loss of Jellybean, she sounds like she was an incredible little creature.

I'm glad you posted your thoughts and her story here, sometimes justgetting it out helps you to deal with things and brings out emotionsthat you haven't felt before.

I agree that the bunny there watching was a sign, it wasn't a coincedence(sp).

There is nothing anyone can say or do to make your pain go away, it'll take time, but I wish there was a way I could.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.

I hope your other buns are doing ok, sounds like you all need to get together at your house and have a big bunny/ people cuddle.

Back