In less than a week I'll have my two new babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haxela

Reaction score
I just got an e-mail from the breeder I'll be getting me two new does from. That's right, I did say two - with this awesome opportunity, I just couldn't pass them up. The breeder said that she's planning on bringing them to me next Tuesday morning (January 22nd). I'm so, so excited!

For those of you who may not have seen my previous thread about this, I'm going to be adopting two american chinchilla does. To the best of my knowledge they're on the, "critical list," with the, "American Livestock Breed Conservancy." Both does were born in May of 2007 and I feel confident in adopting two older does opposed to babies. The two does will come to me already bonded and are just love bugs. I've met them both and am more than excited to have them with me forever!

They are so, so cute. They weigh in at about 10-12 pounds each and their fur is to die for. And their ears - adorable! Can you tell I'm in love?! I am planning on adding on to my existing NIC pens this weekend so everything will be ready for them when they arrive on Tuesday. The only thing I need now are names...any ideas?

I don't have any pics yet, but don't worry - I will take plenty of pictures when they get here. But, in case you've never seen an american chinchilla, here's a pic I got off of the internet:

americanchincilla.jpg

I'm open to any and all name suggestions. I have a couple ideas myself, but I'm not ready to share them just yet. But any help would be most appreciated. Also, if anyone has any information or experience on the breed, please let me know.

I'm just so excited to welcome two new girls into my home. I'm a very lucky bunny-mama indeed!

Aww, that's awesome news, I bet you can't wait! Plus we get to see more new bunny pictures, YAY! :bunnydance:

I'm afraid I know nothing about them at all, but judging by that picture, seems like they're going to be very cute! ;)

oh, american chinchillas are very cool! i have only seen a few from when i bred!

i am so excited for you!

i really like the name daisy for one of them, i have no clue why

other names that popped in my head:

brooklyn, lena, violet (would go great with daisy), isodora, nicolette

some royalty names (as your other bunnies names seem very royal to me):

ann, camilla, lorriane, beatrice, zara, diane, elizabeth, sophie, alice, ect

or you could just name one after me. . . Katie :Djust kidding

. . .no, but for real, i also go by kitty, kat, and kathleen. . . surely you could use one of those :D:D:D:D

oh, never take me seriously

Back