Imput on Baby Fur?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massie777

Reaction score
I posted pictures of these babies when they were really young, there mother is a mini rex and their father we know for a fact is just a regular fured rabbit. 3 of the babies came out with rex fur and one of the babies came out with normal fur. Now this is what I am confused about, two of the babies came out with fluffier fur then any of its siblings, it is not rex fur but just really fluffy.

Here is a picture of them next to there normal furedsibling and let me know what you thing. will they maybe have long fur like a jersey wooly?

*They are 26 days old today*

the regular fured baby is all the way to the left
26SBabies5.jpg

26SBabies1.jpg

26SBabies9.jpg

26SBabies6.jpg

26SBabies10.jpg

I guess the daddy carries a long hair, fluffy gene. lol A parent might have passed it on to the dad and he in turn passed it down to his babies.

??? Perhaps. lol

could they be part Loin Head?

Rex fur, as well as wool are recessive. So apparently, both parents carried for rex fur.

As far as the other fur being fluffier, it is probably just baby fur because it's unlikely that both parents carry for wool (considering mom is a Mini Rex). On my Hollands, I'll get some with super short fur and some that have longer fur, which look fluffy as babies. There are many variations of regular fur, and it looks like it will molt out as they mature into a normal coat.

ok thanks...I once had a litter where both parents where short haired but one baby had rex fur, 3 had regular fur and two had long hair. Was a really weird litter but they where very cute.
I am hopeing they just have regular fur.

"Fluffy" is not unusual for a rollback coat. However,from the photo, none of the babies appear to have a rex coat.

"Fluffy" is not unusual for a rollback coat. However,from the photo, none of the babies appear to have a rex coat.

Latest posts

Back