Important Scam Alert!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score
I recently had noted that a $10.00 automaticwithdrawal was appearing on my monthly checking account statement from"RESERVATIONREW". I didn't think much of it at first, butnoted that it was being withdrawn every month.

I did a little research and called the company who has promised to refund my money in full.

I did NOT sign up for this program, nor did I receive any benefitsfrom this program! They automatically sign you up and deductthe monthly fee from your credit card or checking account.

This company is a scam that gets your credit card info (in this case,my debit card) when you make purchases on the internet. Theygot mydebit cardnumber when my daughter used mydebit card (with my permission) to make an online purchase from LimogesJewelry.

The Choice Rewards Hotel program (that I frequently use to make hotelreservations with my credit card)is also associated with this"Reservation Rewards" scam.

Some of the other webstores that have handed over credit card info to Reservation Rewards include:

[*]movietickets.com
[*]expedia.com
[*]SmartBargains
[*]BabyUniverse.com
[*]Priceline.com
[*]various Yahoo!Stores
[*]classmates.com
[*]ChoiceHotels.com
[*]Marketworks
[*]Fandango.com
[*]Allposters.com

[*]Check your credit and debit card statements! If you findany charges from "RESERVATIONREW", contact the company at 800-732-7031and demand your money be refunded in full!

More info on the scam:

http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~jenn/reservationRewards.html

The scam company's website:

http://home.reservationrewards.com/

Pam

I always order stuff on the internet!

I hope its just a US thing!

If they tried to withdraw any money from me i doubt they'd get any because i have 78p in my account!

Thanks for posting this Pam. I wasreally surprised when I decided to check my account today and found acharge for $9.50 from ccnow.com.....who I did some research on andfound a link to Reservation Rewards!!!!! I filed a disputewith my credit card company. They cancelled my card and arereissuing a new card for me so this doesn't recurr.Wow.....this is a scarey thing to happen. How can sites thatyou mail order from just give your credit card info away?????

This is really good to know, esp. at this timeof year when so many are doing their Christmas shopping online. Thanksvery much for the heads-up Pam...I will be checking my credit cardstatement more carefully now...:?

Thanks for the heads up on this, Pam! I order alot of products online. I've never noticed any "funny" charges but nowI'll definitely be more vigilant when checking my statements.

Heather

I was doing some shopping fromLaneBryantCatalog.com and I think I understand how these guys aregetting the credit card information.

When you place an order, a screen will frequently pop up that says "Save $10 on your next order".

If you read the fine print and claim that $10 savings....you areautomatically signed up for Reservation Rewards. You have to read thefine print though.

So if you've ordered from one of those sites and then gotten the "Save$10 on your next order"....that's how they're getting you!

Peg

I always get those "save 10 dollars on your nextorder" when I order from a certain online dvd company. It's the samecatch about joining some kind of "discount club." Fortunately, I neverbit.;)

Latest posts

Back