I'm worried

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sara_laughs

Reaction score
I know I'm ridiculous. It's only beenone day but I'm worried. He's still really scared and won'tlet me hold or brush him. Is it terrible if I don't brush himevery single day?

I'm also worried I haven't fed him enough or I've fed him toomuch. He looks/feels like he's about 4-5 lbs. Sofar he's had unlimited hay (and he's eaten a lot!), about a 1/2 c. ofpellets and about a cup of parsley. Is that ok? Toomuch? Not enough?

I put a bowl of water in with him but I can't tell if he's drinking ornot. If he's used to a bottle, will the bowl confusehim? Do I need to go buy a bottle?

Pepsi uses a bowl and a bottle, she preferrs thebowl but when she gets it dirty and I'm at work she can use the bottle.Just make sure they're both freah water constantly.

Food situation sounds perfect, maybe a little less parsely if anythingI think. Unlimited hay is the most important. And some buns don't evenneed pellets. Mine get them, but only a little like yours.

Call me a bad mom, but I don't ever brush Pepsi. I pet her and grab theloose fur, but really that's it. Unless your's is moulting or has longhair...don't worry about missing a day

I'm sure your bun will warm up when he's more comfortable, they getreally stressed moving, so give him some time :) Don't worry, I was aparanoid freak for weeks with Pepsi (she's my first bunny) Everyone onhere is so helpful so don't stress!

Jules, Pepsi, and Ozzy

Ok. First off remember that he is stillincredibly new to you. He is getting used to you and trusting you, soit's totally expected that he is scared. Have you been to the bunny 101forum and looked at tips for how to bond with your bunny? That mightgive you some ideas as to what you can do to help him feel safer withyou.

I'm fairly certain that the place you got him from should have told youabout how much to feed, what he used for water, etc, so maybe it'sworth giving them a call to ask.

I don't know about the food, but it is early days, so you will come to know what the right amount for him is.

With water, I always get a bottle and a bowl, and then see which the bun prefers and stick with that.

I know nothing about grooming though. Again, there might be a link in the bunny 101 forum that might help you there.

It's natural to be worried, but don't forget to enjoy your new friend too :)

Hey there. How old is your new bunny first of all.

If he's under 6 months, he should be getting unlimited alfalfa hay AND unlimited alfalfa pellets.

If he is over 6 months, then unlimited Timothy hay, 1/4 cup pellets per5 lbs (so you can likely cut back on your pellets a bit) and 2 cups ofrabbit safe vegetables per day (try to give him 3 different kids ofveggies to get a full range of nutrients).

Also, if he is not used to getting that much vegetables, woek him up toit slowly by giving one kind of veggie and watching to see if it giveshim an upset stomach, if it does, discontinue that vegetable.

That's justa quick overview, but there is some better information here:
http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/diet.html

or here
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12046&forum_id=17

Also to add - a bowl should be fine for him to drink out of.Rabbits will figure out a bowl faster than they will figure out abottle and it's all up to your preference. I prefer a bowlpersonally as I have had issues with bottles in the past, but the bowlshould be fine.

AND, i just read your other thread where you said he is almost a year old, so then ignore my info for bunnies under 6 months. ;)

Latest posts

Back