I'm Worried About New Mother

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Star and Stone Rabbitry

Reaction score
She's a Dutch and she's never had a litter before, and her due date was yesterday (it was the 31st day.) Well now it's one day overdue. I'm probably worrying for nothing, hopefully, but I'm still worried!!:(

I've had does go as late as 33 days....just keep an eye on her. She'll probably be fine!

Peg

I always start counting from the day after they are bred.

Peg is right 32 days is not uncommon. I have had them go as late as

35 days with no problem. It does drive you crazy though.

Roger

Okay, today is the 33rd day. She's really chubby down there... I guess the reason I'm worried is because I had a Holland lop four years ago that I got bred, and on her 35th day, she was dead:(She was really bloated and stuff. I don't want that to happen to Betty!!

If you want a natural way to try and try to induce labor that won't cause as much pain as the oxytocin injections then you can give her cool raspberry tea, (no caffiene or sugar, the all natural stuff) Also give her tums with Calcium and let her out of her cage a little bit to get her muscles working by exercising them.Don't let her over exercise but let her hop around the room for 10 mins or so. If you get to the 34th day and she still hasn't had labor then take her to the vet and get the injection. Also my rabbits are picky.Some of them will only have babies if they have a nest with an insane amout of hay in it, make sure the nest box is crammed full. I wish you the best.

Back