I'm such a mess

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trailsend

Reaction score
Ok... I just have to share.

My hubby and I are going to see Celtic Thunder in concert on Saturday in NY State. I'm beside myself with excitement. I haven't been to a concert in maybe 10 years and rarely is there anyone we'd both enjoy since our tastes in music are so different. But we both enjoy Celtic Thunder, he's not as crazy about them as me, but that's understandable. We also never get any romantic time away.

I was so excited to go dress shopping this week, and I was trying very hard not to bang myself up too badly before hand. We have a farm and a lot of animals... I haven't had bruises in a month. Well this week I almost knocked my front teeth out - they were loose, it was bad... I almost knocked myself out. Then I smashed my knee up pretty bad and it turned black and blue and purple... but then to top it all off I fell on ice, didn't see it coming, hit myself in the face with a gate and fell hard on my OTHER knee, which started bleeding, split open, and it now all kinds of colors.

So I was thinking... leggings?

But I found a dress, an awesome dress and it only took me trying on three! Never had such an easy time shopping in my life. And it covers my knees so I won't look too beat up. My face is looking better, so if I stay clear of danger tomorrow, I should look and feel alright!

I can't wait! I was calling the "baby"sitter (baby as in critter) at midnight begging him to come for the night so we could go to the concert. Thankfully he came through, Kevin wouldn't buy the tickets until he did so we lost the seats we wanted, but we got seats that's what counts!

Thank you so much Stan! I promise not to get out of hand! :)

Thanks Brandy :)We have a lot of critters, rabbits, dogs, sheep, goats, horses, birds, and the Prairie dogs, so they need someone here 24/7. The longest I leave the farm is for a few hours. We also have a bunch of special needs critters that get medication 2-3 times a day, so they need to be given their meds. The farm animals have to be put to bed at night in their stalls and fed twice a day... etc. etc.... So we have a sitter who lives here when we go anywhere for even a single night. Thankfully! Otherwise my hubby and I would never go anywhere together!

It sure is Brandy... and not many people will watch the amount of animals we have and also the variety - there are so many different kinds, and with the special needs ones, they have to have some experience and be trustworthy and same with our kind of exotics such as the birds and Prairie dogs. And they have to stay in our house which of course is a concern. Thankfully right now, we have a good friend who used to work for me when I was working with special needs dogs who does it for us. He watches other peoples cats and things so sometimes he's not available. But he's pretty good. We trust him. But he's thinking of moving so I have no idea what we'll do then!

Awww I know how the livestock stuff can be harmful to the owners! I'm just glad you found a dress that contains the evidence! and I hope you have a great time!

Yes, you know that Bo! How is your ankle? It's worse this time of year with the ice, mud, combination.

Thanks Bo! I'm really looking forward to it. I can be glamorous for one day and then back to the barn!:)

Holy crap i think you need to buy a bubble to keep you in and safe,lol!!!!!!

Hope you have a great timne

Aww, I hope you have a great time! I get very excited at seeing my favourite bands, too. It'll be great to have a nice night out, and sounds like you deserve it!:)

Thanks Jen and Jan! I really appreciate your good thoughts. All the critters are in bed now, so I'm off to pack. Just have to get up and do chores, feed, give out medications.. clean everyone... and THEN pick up our babysitter since he can't drive in our lane... long story... it's almost 2 miles long and during breakup it's not pretty... then we can go! lol.

So far so good, if I don't do anything crazy in the morning, I should make it out without anymore bruises and scrapes. *knock on wood* :)

trailsend wrote:
All the critters are in bed now, so I'm off to pack.
Tee hee! I picture little cute critters in bed, with the covers tucked in, sipping hot cups of cocoa! That sentence made my evening!!

Are you flying to NY? Is it quite far from you guys? Are you staying somewhere nice?

It's very scary leaving the animals, but it must be so nice when you know you have someone reliable to look after them! I feel the same when we go away but I know my mum does a great job with them....

We expect pics of course! :D

Normally I would say "all the kids are in bed now" but if someone doesn't know me they aren't sure what I mean! :)They are all just "the kids" around here. My mechanics wife's son (that's a mouthful) was giving her trouble the other day and I said "that's why I don't have human kids." So Debbie pointed to a picture on her wall of one of our animals and told the lady next to me, that was one of my "kids." The woman looked at me and she's like... "um, your kid is a squirrel?" without looking up from my magazine I just said "yep, one of em." :)

It's only 3 hours, so that's not bad. So we'll drive. We actually are staying somewhere nice! LOL for the first time ever! The only reason we are, is because Kevin was afraid to leave his truck parked in an "unsecure" parking area... so he paid top dollar for a hotel that is a block away from the theatre so his truck would be safe! So he splurged big time, which is exciting!

We especially worry about the dogs on meds... but he does a good job looking after them. You are right, it's a worry, but thank heavens for someone reliable, like your mom, someone you can trust. It's such a relief. How could you go anywhere otherwise?

Will try and get some pictures! :)

trailsend wrote:
Yes, you know that Bo! How is your ankle? It's worse this time of year with the ice, mud, combination.

Thanks Bo! I'm really looking forward to it. I can be glamorous for one day and then back to the barn!:)

I'm fine, just a little sore place now. I DID help SIL get her horse in her trailer 2 days ago..... She's had horses for years... he's been in the trailer several times...... and he was just being a turd. He bucked and fussed and in the end, I got him in the same way I got Dakota in..... Walk him up and I tap him in the butt with the whip.... ZOOM into the trailer LOL!

I kept thinking..... "please don't hurt me, please don't hurt me......" LOL!

I'm so glad you are doing better Bo, that must have stung and hurt like heck. I'm glad your next loading went better!

We are home... We had a great time at the concert - they were awesome. They had everyone on their feet and they were just great. When they sang Ireland's Call everyone got up on their feet. Paul the tenor was probably the most surprising, his voice on tv is amazing, but when you hear him sing live, your heart stops beating. We got to our hotel to find out because they had made a mistake on our reservations they gave us an complimentary upgrade to a suit - which was a $300 a night room. We couldn't believe it. We got up to the room, and right below us (we were on the 4th floor) was all the trailers unloading the equipment for the show - AND the guys bus. We saw George standing in the street talking to another guy and after the show they came out and got on their bus.

But here is the funny part and I can't even make this stuff up. After the show we went back to the room before heading to the pub... I was in the washroom and Kevin says all of a sudden "what the heck am I looking at?" So I came out. Our livingroom window looked directly across the street into the dressing rooms above the theatre and Damian (the youngest) George, Paul and Ryan all were washing their faces, blow drying their hair and brushing their teeth LOL.

I had a slight wardrobe malfunction with my new dress... I put it on, everything was great... but a few threads came loose in a bad place, but it's fixable and wasn't a big deal. It held up and wasn't noticeable thankfully! lol We didn't get a lot of pictures... but here are a few...

One of the trailers... loading stuff into the theatre

009-3.jpg

My dress! Which will now go in the closet for...ever.. lol.

018.jpg

and this blurred but the bus on the right did turn out to be their bus, we saw them get on it!

001-1.jpg

So we had fun! Kevin said he owed my a night out.I got it - now back to the barn, bunnies, and lambies... :)

Latest posts

Back