IM SO SCARED WHAT DO I DO?????????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjsara

Reaction score
lylla eats all of her food always i fed her lastnight and today i was running around all day when i came home her foohas not been touched there is no poop in her cage and i dontknow what to do its saturday and i cant take her to the vet....

is my sweet little bunny going to die? i just cant bear it.

plz help plz.................................

compleatly horrified,

sara

Hi Sara,

Read the post, GI Stasis, page 10 where I summed up what I did to get Tucker through it.

It could be a fur blockage. Do you know if she's chewed or ingestedanything else? Check her teeth to make sure they look good.

Keep us posted.

I'm praying.

-Carolyn

Sara, I hope that your bun is eating and doingbetter this morning!!! I went through GI stasiswith my bun Trouble it was very scary and I hope it never happensagain. Thinking of you and your bun.Beckie

Sara, let us knowwhat's going on as soon as you have some information. Every little bitof info can be useful to some of the people here who have gone throughthis. Several people have gone through this and hour by hour can helpyou get Lylla better. I hope things are looking better. Thinking ofyou.

Raspberry

lylayis still noteating or drinking but therearesmall poops this morning. i cant run to the pet stroe its new yeearsday:( i gave lyla some spring greens to tempt her tatse budsand she ate them what else should i do!

sara

I hesitate to tellyou because I don't know why she isn't eating or drinking, but if youcan't get her to the vet and you don't hear from Carolyn or Pam verysoon...if it was my bunny I would begin to force water or pedialytedown her throat to make sure she is getting liquid. I would probablyalso force some canned pumpkin and some fresh (not canned) pineapplejuice - squeeze it from some fresh pineapple, down her until you canget some nutri-cal tomorrow from a vet supply place. Canned pumpkin hasa lot of fiber and if it is a fur block it will help move the furthrough. It also has moisture and she would be getting something intoher digestive system. Use a baby dropper that they give medicine withor a syringe like a shot is given with with the needle taken off. Layher on her back and put in behind her front teeth and squirt a littleat a time. It's a little tough sometimes but it may save her life.Exact instructions on this stuff can be found on the GI Stasis threadthatCarolyn referred to earlier. I think it is right here -http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=2532&forum_id=1&page=10

If she will keep eating the greens Iwould probably still offer them to her occasionally just to keep hereating something on her own, but I'm not sure because they might causediarrhea. I'm not certain about some of this and like I said I'll feelbetter when someone who knows more answers. Best of Luck,

Raspberry

Raspberry offered some good advice, so I really don't have much to add.

I'm glad to hear that she ate the greens and that she passed some droppings this morning. Will she also eat hay?

I always give them Nutri Cal when they are off their feed.

Pam

Raspberry has given you some good advice and itis a positive thing that she is eating some greens. Try toget some water down her. This is a serious thing that ishappening!! Use the eye dropper or a syringe with the needleoff. I found that a 1cc syringe workedwell. You can use the larger ones but you have to go slowerwhen administering water or food. Going slower gives themtime to swallow. Wrap your bun up in a towel like abunny burrito. This will give you some control as they do notlike to be fed like this. Otherwise she will be fighting youwith her legs. I sat on a stool with one legpropped up higher than the other. I held him in an uprightposition so he could swallow better. I put my arm around him so I couldhold the towel and the back of his head. Thisallowed me to lean my bunny up against my leg with my arm held aroundhim. Put the syringe in the space behind the frontteeth. Go slowly so she can swallow. Thefresh pineapple juice will provide enzymes to help with theblockage.Have you tried giving her someoatmeal? Keep giving her thegreens. First rinse them off with water, this will add alittle extra moisture. Don't be afraid to help yourbun. I know I was, then I decided that I wanted a livingbunny so I didn't care if he did not like whatI wasdoing. Today he is healthy and he seems to trust me more thanhe did in the past. I hopesome of thishelps. Beckie

i got some nutri cal today and made her take somealso forced water. i am giving her the green she runs to them like sheis starving .this is breaking my heart monday cant come soon enough.and pam i give her unlimited timothy hay.

i pray to se big poops!

sara

gjsara wrote:
igot some nutri cal today and made her take some also forced water. i amgiving her the green she runs to them like she is starving .this isbreaking my heart monday cant come soon enough. and pam i give herunlimited timothy hay.

i pray to se big poops!

sara

As long as she's eating the greens, I wouldn't fight with her trying to get water down.

You might try putting the pineapple juice or Pedialyte in a small dish for her.

Any poops today? Is there any chance she ate something that she shouldn't have? (carpet, fabric, foam, etc.)

Pam

Sara,

I know what it's like to wish for big poops. :( Very upsetting. I amencouraged to hear that she's got something coming out though and isnibbling just a bit on greens. Really glad you picked up the NutriCal.You can put about a pea-sized amount on her forepaws and she'll lick itoff. Just make sure that if she shakes her paw, it won't fly off. It'susually the less traumatic way of giving it to them.

Raspberry's post was excellent. If it's hair, the fresh pineapple juicewill break it down, if she's not getting the fiber from the hay sheneeds to clean her out, canned pumpkin works wonders, the NutriCal willkeep the vitamins in her as well as encourage her system to get movingagain, and sometimes people give Pedialyte for the electrolytes theylose during their starving. I gave dosage amounts, etc. in the postthat Raspberry referred you to.

Massage her belly and make sure she gets plenty of exercise to help move things around.

Dehydration quickly takes rabbit's lives, so be sure that she's gettingliquid in her of some sort, be it through greens, vegetables,Pedialyte, or water.

Please let us know what's happening. We're all very worried too.

-Carolyn

thank you everyone for the concern and help!!!!

lyla seems maybe a little better and i see a couple of big poops butnot many, i watyered down some greens and gave them to her this morningi tried to tricked her into eating hay mixed with the greens but shesnot having it:( i dont understand why she would eat the greens and nother food? one more day till monday then well take her in. my boyfriendis worried its going to cost 500 dollar and i keep telling him it wontbe that much hopfully. my little sister my mom and dad were over onthusday and we had christmas, lyla was ouut the hole time she seemed oktho i also clipped her toenails that night then the next day she wasnteating.

thank you all

hoping for the best!

sara

I'm glad she's doing a bit better.

After reading this thread, I have been closely monitoring Bo.I just got really nervous. Today, I've been trying to get himto eat a piece of fresh pineapple. He turns his nose up... soI sliced it a bit and stuck a sliver of banana down in it.LOL he ate all of the banana and left the pineapple. Thelittle boogers!

i let lyla out to get some exorcise , a coupledays ago she would just sit there yesterday she attacked me everytime icame near today she is moving a bit more . i got het to eat some trailmix i bought from the pet stroe she mostly kept to the raisins and thepeanuts, i only gave her a few because im not sure how good it is forher to have a lot. i cleaned out her litter box so i can see for sureif shes poopin.i have to go to work now i will beback l8ter tonight .

sara

Latest posts

Back