I'm so frustrated :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarGlider

Reaction score
I raise sugar gliders. I have 13 ofthem and 3 of those came from someone I thought was a friend but sincehas become a not friend.

Six months ago she offered me the three gliders for 500.00 and a joeyfrom them. I made payments of the 500.00 till my husband gotlayed off then while he was laid off she said she wanted two joeysinstead of the money. I said fine so I never started uppayments again.

She wanted a specific two babies... from certain gliders.

She wanted one from thri I got from her. The first female hadtwo babies and she was trying to decide if she wanted one and I found abuyer so I said do you want them or not and she said no. Sothey were sold. Then the second female had a little girl andshe wanted that one. That was fine but then it was attckedand killed by the first female.

So then there we were with no baby gliders. The other set had not bred yet.

I seperated the trio into two pairs and one of those pairs is expectingbabies again now. She told me she'd had to re-home some ofher gliders due to a move and only had 4 cages so I offered her moneyinstead. She said no she'd take the joeys. Then Iread on a message board that she hasn't moved and is trying to sell offmore gliders.

At this point I realize I cannot send one of my joeys to her to bere-homed and re-sold to god knows where. So I e-mail her andsay I will give you the money after I find a good home forthem. She at first is fine with that then she starts gettingpissy saying she want's the money in 60 days (the babies won't be goinghome for at least 3 months) or the gliders back (a pregnant motherglider and young joeys cannot be moved) or she'll take me to court.

So I e-mail her back saying I'll give you the rest of the money weagreed on and 400.00 instead of the joey and I'll make payments till Ihave a lump sum from selling the babies. But she says NO shewon't take money for the joey! It's a joey or the glidersback. So she's trying to force me to give her a live animalone way or the other.

I don't know what to do. She says we've had six months to payher but from ending the payments before up to this point of me saying Iwant to give you money instead the deal was to give her joeys so whywould I have kept paying her? And then the joey we promisedher died and how was I supposed to give her a joey I didn't have?

I know she's just mad because I've told her I won't give her a gliderbut I don't know how much **** she can put us through overthis.

I hate life sometimes :(

Yikes! Well she doesn't seem to care for the gliders much, so whatever you do, don't give her a glider!

Let her take you to court for the money, if she ever goes that far.

What a terrible situation to be in! Shedefinitely does not deserve to be a pet owner, why did she lie to youand tell you that you moved?:?

You're definitely right, it was not your fault that the one you weregiving her died, she should accept that, you are so right to no longerbe her friend.:X

I would go to a mediator. It's a good way to resolve this conflict without going to court.

Pam

Thanks guys... It's nice to know other peoplethink I'm doing the right thing. It's hard to make choiceslike that about someone who was a friend and who other people I'mfriends with still life her. I don't really care aboutpopularity, my animals come first.

She e-mailed me last night insisting I owed her 500.00 for the sugarglider and I told her no I was only paying 400.00 and then I told herif she had anything further to ask or comment on to address it to myhusband and gave her his e-mail. My goal in doing that (He'smy partner in the business) was that she probably will not be so cattyto my husband. I hope not at least!

She says we have 60 days or she'll come get the adult gliders but Ireally don't see how she thinks that is going to happen? It'snot like I'm going to let her waltz in here and remove my pets from myhome!! I think it's all a bunch of bluster.

I'll post more if anything else happens. Thanks for listening!

Latest posts

Back