I'm so excited!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueCamasRabbitry

Reaction score
So I might be giving my FIRST rabbit hopping demonstration in July at the Tumwater Pet Fair! :)

I e-mailed the person in charge, and she thinks it's a great idea and she's really excited about it. :)

I have to call her on Monday so we can discuss it. If everything works out, then I'm going to have to start constructing really nice and safe jumps because there's no way I could haul bricks there and that would look bad for a demo.

I'm really excited but also nervous at the same time! lol. I would have to find a canopy-tent type thing or buy one to set over the training area, because the pet fair is on July 11th, and I'm sure it will be really hot out, so I don't want Magic jumping in the direct sunlight.

Gahh! There's just so much I'll need to get in order if everything pans out! lol.

Emily

Oh Wow!! How neat! Do take some pictures as your making the jumps, I'd love to see the progress and how to do it.:)

Malexis, yep I do believe it is for all pets. There are vendors there who sell things, and there's activities and games for the kids, etc.

Momof2buns: I will definitley take some pictures as I build the jumps :)

I'm not sure if I can even go yet. I tried talking to my mom about it, and she pretty much just shot me down. She said that if it's going to cost a lot, we can't do it. I have $120-some. I need to get one of those canopy things, and they're $90. My mom would beg to use it after I was done, so I think it's only fair that she help pay for it if she wants to use it, etc. Plus, I have to also buy ex.pen panels to put around the canopy, and that will be about $100 or so...and I have to build jumps...about $50.

Plus apparently there's a $50 vendor fee, but since I won't be selling anything, just demonstrating, don't really see why I should have to pay that..

Anyway, I'll see what happens tomorrow after I call the lady.

Emily

I talked to the lady today.
We discussed safety (keeping a fence in between spectators/dogs and me and Magic) and vendors pricing. She said that if her boss agrees, I won't have to pay a vendors pricing, because I'm not selling anything, just doing this for entertainment.

Even if her boss says yes, I'm still waiting for my mom too.
This is going to cost quite a bit. I need some ex. pens to go around the training area. I have one white one, but I need more; and I need some that actually hook together. So I made a post on Craigslist asking for two or three, after I discovered the kind I want is $67 brand new at PetSmart! Crazy!

And I still have to buy some materials for jumps...I have some really nice wood strips that are from Indonesia, but I need to get plywood squares, u-nails, some regular nails, and some dowels to be able to make the jumps. I think those will work, they're just so slim I don't know how sturdy they would be, even though they are really tough, hard wood.

Otherwise, I think I will buy some PVC piping and make some jumps. I wish I had a "rabbit"walk, and a nicer A-frame, but I can at least use the teeter totter.

I'm just glad this isn't in June! lol. I have so much to do, and still have to raise grades for school.

I'll keep you updated and if anyone has anything I could use, or anything like that, just let me know!

Emily

Back