IM SO EXCITED!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ani-lover

Reaction score
this friday i am getting a new bunny. its a girland shes 2 years old. her owner dropped her off at the pet store. shesbrown and has small ears and loves to be pet. i will take pics as soonas i get her. ohh, i cant believe i have to wait a week. but shes goingto be an indoor bun and shes a dwarf of some kind.
:bunnydance:~ani-lover

also, i have a question. im going to have to getsome kind of bedding and im not using cedar or pine shavings sincethats not good for rabbits. i was thinking of using care fresh.

so, what kind of bedding do you use or whats the best brand??

Congratulations! I use carefresh and am very happy with it, though it can get expensive.

Yay, how exciting! I don't use bedding in myhutches as they are on ground level, but I hear that pellets for woodburners from hardware stores are very much alike to pellets used forbedding and litter and much cheaper.

Perhaps she's a netherland dwarf cross if she has really little ears?

How exciting! I can't wait to hear more about her.. and maybe a picture or two!

Will Mr. Domino be joining her? :D Maybe have his own little girl friend? ;)

Carefresh is a great bedding - very absorbent and easy to clean, but itis very pricey. I use wood pellets that are used as horse bedding.Great absorbency and very cheap. You can get them at feed stores andsome pet stores.

I am thrilled for you! This is wonderful news.

For bedding, a lot depends on what kind of cage you will be using. Ifthe floor is slippery at all, you can put down a bit of carefresh orjust place straw mats around (you can find cheap placemats that workgreat for this!). Another thing I use is those puppy accident pads youcan find at walmart for cheap. Those are also great for litter training(as long as she doesnt try to eat them).

Do you know if shes litter trained? If not, I would still get her alitter box and get her started. As others have mentioned, woody petworks great for litter boxes. If you have a Tractor Supply Store (TSC)or other feed store, they will carry it or something similar. If youcant find that, Yesterdays News cat litter also works great and ischeaper than carefresh.

Good luck and keep us posted! It will be great for Domino to have a buddy!

Hi congratulations on your new arrival:bunnydance: (Friday, that's so long to wait).

We use Aspen Bedding in the litter boxes, we finally found a pet storethat sells the aspen bedding that's really fine which is reallyabsorbent. Like someone else said it depends on what kind ofcage you will be using.

I found when we had the smaller cages with plastic bottoms and put thebedding on the bottom of the cage Wilbur & Jackie just didtheir business right in the litter and used the litter pan to restin. Once we changed their cages to the NIC variety they usedthe litter boxes all the time.

Look forward to pictures when you get her.

Susan:apollo:

actually, i can get her today!!!! :):bunnydance:unfortunatley, Domino has passed on. i think his liver cancer took himover and he just wasnt eating right this past week. he was in my roomsince monday morning and had no strength. somewhere between 12:30am and6:30am, sunday night to monday morning, he passed on. he was warm andcozy just waiting for his time sitting in my old doll playpen and igave him water every little while because he wouldnt do anything on hisown. i buried him with a small pillow, one of his favorite toys to reston, and so there he lays under ground while his soul binky in bunnyheaven.

Domino will be missed. 15 yrs.
june 20, 1990 approx. - january 9th, 2007

~ani-lover

ps: will post pics when i get new bun later.

I'm so sorry :(

He's over the Bridge and ok now.
He certainly had a good long life, and was well taken care of and loved.

15 years is a long time for a bunny to live!!

....binky free little one!

:pray::rainbow::jumpingbunny:

~Jim

Oh no, Domino was a personal favourite of mine.:cry2

Howironic that such happiness yet such tragedy can be happening at the same time, I really feel for you.:hug:

Binky free Domino, :rainbow:

he lived longer than I have been alive

Ani-lover, I am so sorry to hear Domino passed away.

You were so lucky to have him for 15 years, I'm sure he brought you somuch joy. Now he will be watching over you and your newlittle one telling all his new friends what a wonderful Mommie you were.

I will say a prayer for him and one for you and your new baby, so that you have her for as many years as you had Domino.

Susan:angelandbunny:

Aww, Sweetie...I'm so sorry you lost yourboy. :( He was such a cutie-pie...but he's happy,binkying away across the Rainbow Bridge. :)

I'm happy, however, to hear you're getting a new bunny! YAY!! Be sure to post lots of pics!! :D

Rosie*

ani-lover wrote:
thanks:thanks::runningrabbit:hes having fun in a wonderfulpain free place
I bet Buck Jones and Domino are going to have a lot of long talks!

~Jim

Hey ani!! So glad to hear about the new bunny, Ican't wait to see pictures! I'm so sorry to hear about Domino, but hewas one loved bunny who lived a very spoiled and wonderful life (justlook at his age, we all know how well he must've been taken care of)!

Latest posts

Back