I'm so depressed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashiahouse

Reaction score
I had a doe come to me two weeks ago nursing 9 kits...she came with a bunch of other rabbits. Well, we checked all of the does EXCEPT her..somehow she got overlooked..so I woke up this morning to 6 dead kits on the wire. It broke my heart, and I know it was a rookie mistake on my part. I just feel so resposible because we didn't check her and because I JUST (like two days ago) moved her from a cage with a built in nesting box...if only I would have left her there. =[ ANYWAY, I'm upset that I lost the kits, but I'm more worried about her well being. The kits that she has now appear to be around 3 1/2-4 weeks of age...is there anything I can do to try to help her recover from this last birth a little faster? I just feel so horrible. =[

She should be fine and although it's sad to lose babies, it's probably better that she did. Nursing two litters at once is difficult and can really max them out. I'm sure she will "get over it" quickly and be thankful to only be nursing the first nine!

thats awful... you shouldn't beat yourself up though... i've not had but this one litter of kits from amanda so i stand no ground in giveing advice but... my friend had a litter of seven around january and they all died because it was too cold, she told me she felt awful about it because she was at school when she had them and if she hadn't been she would have been able to save them.... the only think i could say was i was sorry.. but i came over alot to cuddle the bunny..

I'm used to losing kits, and I've came to grips with the fact that it was my rookie mistake not checking her and it's my fault they died..I just feel so horrible that she JUST had a litter, then she had to go through a whole other pregnancy and lose this litter. It was so pitiful, she tried her best to build a little nest in the corner of the cage with what eating hay she had and some fur. =[

Latest posts

Back