I'm so confused!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyBunch

Reaction score
took on two more bunnies today. they are both the same breed, but don't know what breed that would be. they are all white, with pink eyes. haven't checked their weight, but each of them alone is well over 6lbs. as our lop is 5.5 and she is a feather compared to these beauties. their ears are longer than a dwarfs, but no where close to a flemmie. also have a big-boned body with stocky appearance. About twice as big as each of our previous three (which are a mini rex, spot, and lop all the same size). Goggle's pics of a wht mini satin, florida white, and new zealand appear identical. I am guessing they are new zealands (going by their weight) but thought n.z. were bigand long with big ears. these are short and stocky with midsized ears??

Also, were told that they are definately fixed. But she only thinks they are both girls, they may be two boys because she said the gal who gave them to her said they were neutered. How do I sex a rabbit?? They are litter mates, and have been together since birth with one gal, and then the family we got them from.The family had them for2.5 yrs. So if they were not fixed and different sexes it'd be known by now. and if they were same but not altered it'd be known by now.

yea, I went to the House Rabbit Network site and was able to sex them using their pictures and explaination. They are definately two girls. while doing this I was also able to notice some differences between two, so now I can tell them apart. Sugar is smaller w/big dewlap, and snickerdoodles is much bigger w/little dewlap : )

sugar:
january10038.jpg
snickerdoodles:
january10039.jpg

they sound like new zealands, they are a meat breed.Just look by there tail and if there is a male there will be a sack and if a female no sack

Latest posts

Back